Saturday, October 11, 2008

Time Well Spent


Jim and I went to Bossier to see the Gaither Vocal Band in Bossier, LA. We had never been but had talked to so many who had gone at one time or another. It was so good. The vocals were just wonderful, they were funny......plus to top it all off the Holy Spirit showed up and blessed those in attendence. It was the longest concert I have ever attended. They started promptly at 7 PM and the intermission was between 9:3o and 10:00. They really earn their keep that is for sure.

This is the "Give It Away" concert and the message was timely and wise. One disappointment was Guy Pennrod.....the one with the cool lonnnnngggggg hair (yes, folks I am a child of the 60's) was not there. I really do love his voice, but Mark Lowery, who Jim and I just LOVE was there to take his place. We have been following Mark's career for over 20 years and he is wonderful. We have heard he has had some health problems and were very sad to hear that.

If you have the opportunity to go hear/see them......please do. I heard one little guy about 16 talking out in the foyer at half time (oops I am watching a football game as I hammer this out), and he said, "I thought this was gonna be sooooo boring, but it is really good!" He was with an older couple....grandparents perhaps? Anyway, we promise you will be well entertained!! On top of that you will be blessed. The Lord was glorified. The fact a lot of people are being challenged with trials at this time.....some on stage had battled with cancer......they still praised Him and told of how their trials had deepened their commitment to the Lord. I always marvel at testimonies such as these.....but the Lord takes what is ugly and uses it to His glory.

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Debbie, We have seen The Gaithers twice and really enjoyed them. They surely do have a long concert but was worth it just to see them. Sorry to hear the Mark is having health problems., He is such a fine christian man and also such a funny guy. Glad you got to see them. I hope we can get to see them again sometime. Mom and Dad

Lora said...

Wish we had gone! I know they have a great concert!