Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Please pray....

Tonight while watching the debate between the two candidates I began to pray for this country. I feel an urgency. Words are easy to speak, but records do speak loudly. The problem is Americans (as a whole) do not do their homework and are easily dazzled by slick rhetoric and good speakers.....and by good looks. The recent financial emergency is one example. Check the records and see which candidate profited ......profited A LOT from the Fannie Mae and the Freddie Mac collapse. As I just said, words are easy.......but check the facts ......check the voting records of these two candidates. Ya know, when I went to Cuba in 1994 a lot of the people I met kept saying...."we thought the government was going to take care of us....we were wrong." We can not trust the Govt to "take care of us womb to the tomb."

I am praying America will vote for experience. I don't think either candidate is perfect and John McCain was not my pick for the Republican candidate, but I believe we need to pray and choose the person who is the most likely to keep us on a path of freedom and independence....the path our founders started down.

Please pray the Lord will have mercy on us and we will find ourselves with a new President who is willing to seek the truth and do the right thing....a President who is pro-life.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

You are so right. Our country surely needs to pray for right person to be elected in a few weeks. Keep the faith .

Lora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lora said...

I got an email from another friend this AM about women praying for our country just as you indicated. "When we are stirred to pray, it is His intent to answer those prayers." He is moving us to pray!