Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Comfortable and Relaxing Spot


Well the deck is officially occupied! We are so excited about having some comfortable furniture to sit on. We will be able to comfortable seat about fourteen . With a card table another four people.Take note of the pretty planter....it drains onto the ground between the decks. I love that. Don't think we will have trouble having something growing there. It gets sun for part of the afternoon. I will be looking for the perfect group of flowers to put out there. I want to resist cluttering it up out there. Maybe a couple large pots would be nice to replace the two plastic ones....but I don't want a lot of stuff out there. Wind chimes might be a nice touch. Now we need the electrician to come and put in some lights on the steps and also a few plugs.


I know Jim feels good about this. He has been wanting to build something for years. I think he enjoys doing the larger things like this rather than furniture....but I do want him to build me some book shelves to replace the junky Wal-mart ones I have and also a coffee table for the family room to match the end tables he made so many moons ago. Oak was much cheaper then so the coffee table will probably be twice as much as both end tables together.
We are going to enjoy this deck....already I have found it a relaxing place to sit and read the mail after school and hug on my pup. We have some friends to come hang out a bit....no big shin digs yet. We will need to get a bigger grill for that. We are anxious for Josh and Randi to come and see.
It was worth the wait...even if the wait was about 20 years!




5 comments:

Lora said...

LOVE the furniture-the perfect compliment to a beautiful deck!

Just say Julie said...

That looks beautiful! We have been trying to come up with a deck plan for our backyard. This is a great inspiration to get it done. Enjoy!

JoAnn said...

Looks great. Really like the furniture. What a great place for a family reunion. Jim and you will both enjoy the deck so much. Am sure little Sophie will too. Mom and Dad.

Gail said...

Deb, the deck is absolutely beautiful, and I love the furniture! Your plants are so pretty, too. I know you and Jim will really enjoy it. Hope to see you soon!

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

http://www.thedecklightstore.com/