Thursday, September 4, 2008

Beyond the Palin...


Sarah Palin and her husband dancing at the convention.

I got an email from sister, Julie, which said she was thrilled about McCain's selection of Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska. Julie doesn't usually send out emails concerning politics so I assume she is Very impressed. Also, several people came up to me at school today and asked me if I saw her speech.....they were saying they were sooooo impressed and how much they respect her and how thankful they are that he chose her. I really can't remember a relatively unknown person ever bursting on the political scene with such fanfare. She hit a home run with her speech and showed her grit. She is against waste and wants reform for a spend thrift government.....who can't love that!!??? The best thing was she didn't mince words and she doesn't apologize for her beliefs. She is someone to watch and maybe, just maybe, she will be the first woman president someday.

Thank goodness these conventions are over. Lora said they were pep rallys and I must agree. I watched them both with a skeptical eye, but I must admit Sarah Palin has added some sanity to the whole mix.....it is like a clear normal person's voice has broken through all the rhetoric and made me take notice.
So let me weigh in.....I am pro Palin and will be watching her carefully. As crazy as this sounds, I find myself wishing she was running for President.

4 comments:

Lora said...

NOT CRAZY-at the moment we feel like she is not the "Normal Politican". We will see!

jackie said...

I agree Debbie. She seems to be such a down to earth person and looks like what you see is what you get. I also will be watching this campaign more carefully now. Only 59 more days!

jackie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stacey said...

I completely agree!!! I really like her!