Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jim Bob the Builder Lives Here


Jim Bob is really working hard to get this deck done. I keep telling him there is no hurry, but he likes "going to work" every morning at 7:30 and quiting about 4:30. I wonder what he will cook up to keep himself busy next. The weather last week was perfect for this .....70's and low 80's!
He is really further along than this pic shows...but ought to be done soon. He has the railings almost done...he has to secure the top deck board on the top. I wanted something nice and wide to set glasses or plates on if need be. I am in the process for looking for table and chairs. I love teak but that is very expensive....sooooooo we will see. Not too many places are selling patio/deck furniture this time of year.....but I will be looking around. I would like something that weathers well that is for sure. I know.....maybe Jim can build a big round table....round is always good! That'll keep him busy until Spring.

I am sitting on the deck right now and the squirrels are trying to drop acorns on my head. They do this every night about this time...crazy!!!! It is napalm. (sp?) Nuts! Sophie loves it ...chases the acorns around. It will be nice when the railings are all done and she will be able to run around on the deck without a rope. The hummingbirds also play dive bomb at my head. The critters are just gonna have to get used to us being out here more. This is too nice not to inhabit. I think they are really trying to run us out. Sophie loves it out here, too.

Think we are going to go check on Dr. Dale in a little bit. He is still in the hospital and we need to go see him and Helen....just to check in.

The legacy of Gustav and Ike are these dad blasteted mosquitoes. Thank God for OFF!!

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Oh I wish we were there sitting with you on that beautiful deck. Good job Jim. Love you both, Mom and Dad

Lora said...

WOW-I AM IMPRESSED & THAT IS NOT EASY TO DO!

Gail said...

Wow! Dan and I are really impressed! Can't wait to sit out on the deck with you and Jim next time we're in Ruston. We'll bring the wine!