Friday, September 12, 2008

Here We Go Again!!

I just can't imagine how those folks near the coast are feeling. Jim has been worrying about his friends in New Iberia at TABASCO....he called Roy today and the levey around the plant was finished a week ago.....but a lot of the people who lived right there on Avery Island really got hit HARD by Rita so now this is just too sad. I am really praying....for everyone. The latest is that Ike is nearly a category 3 and the pressure in the eye is dropping and that is very bad news. Galvaston Bay is on the bad side of the hurricane....15 or 20 feet! It is so sad....I had a bad feeling about Ike when I saw him waaaayyyyyy out there. It tracked much like Rita as it moved closer to the USA. I know it was tough on the sweet people of Cuba. Heartbreaking.

I am also praying for the people in Baton Rouge ...many people still don't have power down there. The media sure is not reporting how bad Baton Rouge got hit from Gustav......it it were New Orleans that is all we would hear about. What is the deal with that!!??




3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jackie said...

I agree Debbie. A good friend of mine lives in Baton Rouge and lost half of her house due to an oak tree falling on it. They have been without power since. The devastation in Baton Rouge is far worse than when Betsy hit in 1965 and no one seems to be reporting that. I pray for anyone who has been hit by a hurricane. It is a horrible feeling. Me and my family stayed in our home for Camille and had to evacuate, but it was just overnight. I can't imagine being away from your home for days or weeks and not knowing what is going on.