Sunday, January 4, 2009

2 Mins to Dreamland

I have two minutes until I am suppose to be asleep...so this is going to be quick. I am getting up at 6 AM after sleeping until 8 AM or later for the last two weeks. It has been a wonderful last two weeks. I got a chance to walk the dog, read, eat and sleep pretty much when I wanted.

The only down side to the whole holiday was our team, Penn State, lost at the Rose Bowl. I must admit I had some fear when I heard they were going to have to face off against USC, but I stayed positive right up until two minutes before the end of the fourth.

Tomorrow I will be teaching seventh graders to read a Ruston map. It actually sounds like a lot of fun. I sure hope they think it is as fun as I do. We will tackle The World Atlas next visit.

It is going to be a long stretch until spring break as it is at the end of April this year, rather than the beginning....so pray for all of us. Even though my favorite age group is junior high kids cuz they are so enthusiastic, I could swear some days that same enthusiasm is literally sucking the life out my bones, bless their hearts. :-)

Also, Happy Birthday to little sister, Julie. She hits the big 5-0 today! I remember when they brought her home from the hospital. I was three...nearly four, but it is still very vivid. I guess it is because I got to hold her. They put me in the swivel rocker and put her in my arms. Wow! It didn't last too long, but I thought I might break her. Hahaha...but she is tough. Gotta be to teach kindergarten for 20+ years! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Julio!

Oh btw...went to see The Curious Tale of Benjamin Button tonight and liked it. I think it was worth the time. I don't think it was as great as Forest Gump, but I liked it because it presents some interesting life truths. Check it out if you are able.

4 comments:

Lora said...

Hope your day was "All Right"! Re-entries are tough!

Just say Julie said...

Can I just say bless you for teaching those kids to read a map! I put a new seating chart up in my room and you would have thought I dropped those kids off in the wilderness with no compass and expected them to find their own way back. Hope you get back in the rhythm soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! We are reading Mercer Mayer - Little Critter books this week. I told my class I was like the little sister in the book ME TOO! and you were like little critter, always having to put up with me and take me with you---I told them the story of the KUNKLE and our new fur boots that we wore to the "crick" and mud poured over the edges down into the boots--and how we tried to wash them out at the neighbors----MORAL OF THE STORy --- tell the truth because you get in more trouble when you involve yourself in a cover up---didn't mom cut the fur out of our boots and then they were just like the old red ones we had to wear with bread bags on our feet!! Ha! Memories :)

Carrie said...

Where do you get such cute blog templates?