Saturday, January 31, 2009

Point Me to the Truth


It was just brought to my attention that the FedEx logo has an arrow in it. I have seen that logo a million times and never EVER noticed the arrow. How can something be so obvious and so hard to see at the same time. Go look up FedEx and check out their logo. (I was sorta afraid to post it as I think I need permission....) Anyway, the point it there is an arrow and now when I look at it now all I see is the arrow.

It is much like my conversion to Christianity. I had a Bible, I had read the Bible but I never saw the truth that was there until the Holy Spirit pointed it out to me. All along the truth of who Jesus was/is was not hidden. It was right there in front of me, but I could not see it. The Lord in his mercy pointed it out to me and I am forever grateful and amazed.

Now I entertain the idea that as I read scripture there are truths right in front of me that are not illuminated to me, but I am trusting the Lord to give me the light and the illumination. Sometimes we don't have the understanding we want, but I believe He provides the understanding we need. There is a lot in this world I don't understand, but I know there is not one thing the Lord doesn't "get". So I will look to him and pray for understanding about so many things which baffle me.

Trust Him. It sounds so easy....it is not the snap it appears to be because we are naturally skeptical. But I do know I can trust Him with my past, with my future here and with my eternity. Remembering He loved me enough to show me the arrow .....to point me to the truth makes me understand how trustworthy He is and I must remind myself of that often.

If you don't know Him as Lord, ask Him to show you the arrow .....to show you the truth. I trust He will do just that. Seek and you shall find, ask and it shall be given to you.

7 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Good post, Mrs. Debbie!

Lora said...

Great analogy!

JoAnn said...

This is good Debbie. We should keep our eyes on"the arrow" Mom

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have never noticed the arrow either. Thanks for giving truth in example- ways that we think are simple- well they are but it takes the Holy Spirit to give us understanding. Oh Deb this year has been so hard for me and I have had so many whys pop up each day. I pray the Holy Spirit will give me an arrow now . Thanks HB

Deb said...

HB - I don't know if we ever will understand totally ....this side of heaven.

lindsey said...

Hi Mrs. Debbie! IT'S A BOY?!!! I'm soooo excited for Josh and Randi...and all of you!!! In response to your question about our ultrasound: our hospital does a dvd of each ultrasound, and somehow Stan was able to find a file converter online that let him change it from a vob file to an mp4 file that could be uploaded in our post. This is all a foreign language to me, but I hope that helps :). I'm LOVING your blog and being able to get caught up on your life! So glad we can stay in touch! Send Josh and Randi our love!
-Lindsey