Friday, February 6, 2009

Whoopeeee!!! A BOY!


We have been waiting for several weeks now to find out what our future grand baby is going to be and appears that we will have a grandson. Whoopeeeee a boy!! The doc said he was 90% sure, but I am always leary as they thought Josh was going to be a girl. Sooooo don't cut tags off any baby clothes. That was a warning from the doc.


It is important for everyone in the Anderson family for Josh and Randi to have a boy. (No pressure, guys!) Jim was an only son and his Dad, Rudy was also the only boy in his family. Albert Edward Anderson, from Sweden, was Rudy's Dad and he had a brother, Aaron and he had no children....so for the Anderson name to go on we need a boy.....this time or next....or the next...... You get the picture. (side note....we nearly named Josh, Aaron. Aaron Anderson has a nice ring to it, don't ja think?...hint hint...haha.)


I guess because I just had one boy I was hoping for a boy anyway.....I sorta know what to expect with boys. I find myself remembering stuff about Josh that I had forgotten. He was a rough and tumble sorta kid who liked to wrestle in the middle of the floor and get dirty. His first word was bah... BALL. He loved to play with balls. We rolled them and threw them and chased them around our back yard in Illinois. When he would be outside for a while he would smell like a little puppy dog. Hahaha.... good times! There is nothing more intoxicating to a Mom than to bury her nose in her child's hair and suck in his essance no matter how stinky. It is the strangest thing. I believe Eve, the first Mom, would smile and nod if she could read this.


We have about 5 more months to wait. I know how time flies, so it won't be so bad. (I am trying to convince myself.) I am praying so many things for this little boy and for his Mommy and Daddy, too. That might be another post sometime.

6 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

Aww! Yah for stinky, dirty boys! They are so much fun! I know you are going to have a ball....playing ball! Congrats! I am so happy for yall!

JoAnn said...

We are excited to be looking forward to a great-grandson. Just sorry we will be so far from him. We have such special memories of Josh when he spent weeks with us in the summers. He and Drake exploring in "Nama's woods" as Josh called them. He is a very special guy to us as is his lovely wife Randi. We know they will be great parents. Just hope we get a chance now and then to spoil the little guy.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

YAY! Congratulations! How exciting!

Carrie said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for them. That's wonderful news! I want to have a boy next time :)

Lora said...

You missed out toast last night to Baby Boy Jennings! Jim was so excited to announce the news!

JoAnn said...

Well I had to do it. Had to get some cute little gifts for that first great grandson that will be here in July.Been awhile since we picked out baby clothes. Such fun. Nama and Papa