Friday, February 20, 2009

I Love My Poopy..I mean, Puppy Dog"! I KNOW! TMI !!


Sophie is getting back to normal and her "flu" appears to have subsided.

Last night Sophie, Jim, and I crawled into bed about 10:30 - 11:00 and before we knew it she was hopping off and ran into the family room. (Thanks for that, Sophie!) We waited to see if she just wasn't getting a drink of water....but when she didn't come back we found out she was SICK.... and she was very sick. Well, after a lot of carpet scrubbing (thanks Jim!!) and walking Soph around outside while she looked for good spots.... we were back in the bed. Sophie was on a blanket at the bottom.... to protect the bed.

We went to sleep for about an hour and a half and then I awoke to hear Sophie hopping off of the bed once again. We found she was ill .....so we followed her and got her outside before another disaster. Thankfully, we made it outside in time this round. Then we got her in and cleaned up and she had dry heaves. She would cry and cry....a very sad little cry. I knew exactly how she felt...totally emptied out and still feeling as if she needed to get rid of something. Don't you hate when that happens?! POOR Little Sister!

Little kids and animals are so pitiful when they are sick cuz they think you have the ability to "fix it". They keep looking at you like they are saying, "HELP ME!" I didn't actually cry, but felt my eyes well up and wondered what I was gonna do if she didn't get feeling better. She was depending on me to do something to make her feel better and I wasn't sure what to do. I HATE feeling helpless like that. Hopefully, I will not have repeat this whole scenario soon. When Josh was a baby/little kid and got sick I felt even worse than this.......yes, I know the difference between a babies and dogs!!!

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Poor Puppy! I hope she gets to feeling better!!

jackie said...

Hope Sophie is better by now. Having a sick pet is no good, it's definitely hard to know what to do for them. Julie's cat, Andi, (our inherited pet) was sick on Thursday. She threw up several times but was fine by the afternoon, thank goodness.

JoAnn said...

So glad our little granddoggie is better. I know it's really hard to know what to do for them as they can't tell you anything. Poor little Sophie. Nama and Papa