Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Birthday,Josh....aka Daddy!

Josh and Mom Photo by Jim A.



Dad and Frazier Photo by Randi

Today is the 27th anniversary of the day my son, Josh, was born. Each year on this date I hearken back to that momentous day and I recall all that transpired over its course. From the time we got to the hospital at 1:15 AM until 9:02 PM (when Josh finally decided to make his appearance) it was as if time had nearly come to a stand still. Obviously, it did not, but it was probably the first time ever I had gone one whole day without the thought or desire for food. Even though it was a long, and I might add, uncomfortable way to spend a day, it was time very well spent and I like to think of it this way....nothing worth having comes easily. With this axiom in mind, it is no wonder Josh has always been such a joy. I have never felt anything but blessed by this boy who seemed so bent on not entering the world.

So Josh is beginning his 28th turn around this great mandella and it will be his first go around as a Dad. I pray he will have the same joy I have been blessed with all these 27 years along with the deep love which comes with parenting. And even though I have no way of knowing what the future holds, I pray that in 27 years I will be able to witness Josh reflecting on a son who has brought him the same joy and inspired the same admiration he has drawn from me.....and possibly even see Josh experience the wonderful role of grandparent.

4 comments:

Julie J said...

What a nice post and the pictures are too sweet.

Loralu said...

Happy Birthday to Joshee!

JoAnn said...

We surely remember getting the call that our first grandchild was born. Such excitement in our house and the next day Papa, Aunt Julie and I made a hurried trip to Ill.He has also been a joy in our lives. All the great times we have spent together. We are sure he will be a great Daddy to little Frazier. Nama and Papa

lindsey said...

I love the sweet pic of you and Josh :). It's amazing how much he looked like little Frazier does now!