Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bring on the Holidays


After two roller coaster weeks Jim and I are finally coming back to life. We've been under the weather (to say the least), then well, then sick and for now, about 95% well. We are now wondering what exactly we've had. One doc in our area attributes all of it to the swine flu while another says it is just the seasonal "crud". The doc told Jim it was not the right symptoms for "pig flu", but when we saw the list on the internet we disagreed. No, we have not had super high fevers or been as achy as some, but we have had low grade fevers and some aches and also all the fun that goes with a head/chest cold....coughs, sneezes, and watery eyes. (The watery eyes deal was really getting to me!!) Anyway, I have not dared quit the Musinex. If you have not used this miracle over the counter drug, it is just amazing how much better you can breath while taking it. I tried going all day without it yesterday and ended up having the most embarrassing coughing jag at WalMart! I may never quit taking that stuff after that. I was waiting for someone to throw a net over my head and cart me into the back of a van headed for the TB sanitorium.

Jim kept plugging along and I have not missed any school this whole time. I nearly did last week, but I think enough other people were out I couldn't get my phone call through to tell them to get a sub, so I just gave up and went in. I never went in with a fever...seems those always popped up during the night. Aspirin, Musinex, and Alka Seltzer Plus have been my mainstays, but We also tried some Sudefed and various other cough syrups and cold pills I found in the medicine cabinet. I washed my hands obsessively and cleaned the tables and desks with Clorox wipes. Thankfully, there is a sink in the my work room so I didn't have to run down the hall just to wash my hands. As far as I can tell nobody has caught it from me and for that I am thankful! So now Jim and I say, "Bring on the holidays!"

1 comment:

Lora said...

I TOLD YOU a week on the beach---a sure cure!