Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lord, Give me Ears to Hear

Just up in the night thinking.....dangerous right(?), but my thoughts are turned to the Lord and thinking about how good he is to me. I am so blessed....and I certainly don't deserve it. I am also rejoicing for the answered prayers I witness all around me.

So what am I thinking? Well, I have come to the conclusion that instead of thinking (sometimes turning to worry), I need to start praying ...and then listening.

Sometimes when I am praying I find myself trying to bargin with the Lord and I don't believe that is what we need to focus on. I want to do more listening because I need to hear from HIM! I know how sustaining those Words are.

There are times when I felt like I could fly when I knew I had actually heard from heaven and the God of the Universe loved and cared for me! ....so why would I not do more listening? Crazy isn't it? Well, I guess it is because sometimes my heart is heavy and I have requests that only He is able to solve...and I am self centered and so very impatient.....and let's face it, talking is just easier and it seems to be what most people think of when they say prayers. Also, I also fear I will not hear anything and my faith won't carry me through that dry place.

Don't doubt I will keep seeking an answer to prayers....keep knocking as the scriptures instruct us to do...but I am also going stop and meditate on His words more and focus on all His attributes and then LISTEN for His voice.

Ok...I am rambling and redundant, sorry. But listening, trusting.....as in TOTALLY trusting just doesn't come natrually either and I guess I needed a little self pep talk. And as trite as this sounds.....this is such a wonderful time of the year to practice focused listening as we are ever mindful of the Lord's greatest gift of all, Jesus.

No comments: