Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Texas Style

Pre 4th activities included mowing the carpets.


If you ever want an old time 4th of July head for Jefferson, TX. It is charming and we all had a great time!! Old Glory galore and the fire works were great.


Grampa Jim and Frazier hanging out at the Silver Fox B & B playing with toys.


Chairs were getting filled in. It wasn't too hot in the shade.


Lunch! We were all hungry for burgers and bottlecaps. Frazier wanted a bottlecap, but I kept showing him how much yummier his fruit bar was....but he didn't believe me.

Grammy Deb marveling at how well he feeds himself....and yes, this is his preference. I did get some yogurt into him, but he eventually took the spoon from me and gave me a very serious look....I can do this myself, look.


Frazier: It is awfully hot here. Is there any chance we can get back to Belgium anytime soon!?




Josh said, "Lady Justice just crashed her bike". We did crack up at idea of Lady Justice riding a bike....just seemed timely somehow. (This little girl never crashed and she ended up being one of the winners.)


Loved these chairs!






Mae Mae, Randi and Frazier strolling around the Catholic Church.

It was sprinkling and we were trying to keep up with Randi who was really booking it down the road.

Ready for the kiddie parade, Sweet Adalines and the band concert.



Keeping things moving....




Hanging out at The General Store in Jefferson with my Dad.





Just in case, but the noises didn't phase this little trooper. Unlike his Dad who screamed at about the same age and we had to take him home. Randi didn't like the noise when she was little either.




Doing the ooooos and ahhhhhhhs.




I think Frazier was thinking.....Bright lights, loud noises.....so what is the big deal? What's for supper?




5 comments:

lindsey said...

What a fun 4th of July weekend! Frazier is handsome as ever, and I can see that he's gotten a cute little tan! Glad all is well!

Julie J said...

Ruth and I are looking at the pictures (she came down while the family is at the beach) Our pics of Frazier are great.... the one of him and Randi they have the same expression on their face and then the one of him and Josh watching fireworks they have the same expression..... cute!! It makes me sad though because I have never even held this little guy and sung the bumblebee song with him--- :(

Julie J said...

I meant your pics of Frazier are great1

kgfrazier said...

So glad y'all decided to go to Jefferson and looks like you had a great time. I always love your pictures and captions too!

fezzi. said...

Nice post, and very cool blog!

Lots of love.
http://sayingstyle.tk/