Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 2010

Here are a few of my pics....I deleted a few by accident so will probably post some more at a later date. We sure had a great time on our 5,163 mile jaunt. We don't recommend this for the faint of heart (those who hate driving or riding in motor vehicles), but it was fun and I would go again in a heart beat....well, maybe give or take a month.




Niece, Hannah....almost 15 in this photo! She is a great cook and an avid reader...not to mention singer and piano player. I so wish I lived closer to these kiddos.





This is Nephew, Paul....guess he is too old to call "Paulie". He has this "tear up your pancake first" technique that I have adopted. Paul will be in the sixth grade next year! Yikes.


Lori and Joe always cook the best dinners when we are there. This was pork chops and they were perfecto.....and Lori's garlic red potatoes, YUM!!!!!!!!


Sweet Lew's Pancakes.....I have heard about them forever and they were great! I love downtown Freehold, NJ. ....same town Bruce Springstien hails from. Very quaint and a lot of Revolutionary War history there.


Sister, Lori's voice sounding wonderful in church on Sunday AM at St. Peter's.



Deb at the battlefield at Monmouth, NJ. Had just learned about this on "America, the Story of Us". NJ has a lot of Revolutionary War History. Minute Men are buried outside St. Peter's .

Lori and friends at the Relay for Life. It was very moving as the Freehold Downs track was surrounded by little bags





The Inn at the Oaks on Cape Cod.


Nauset Lighthouse - Cape Cod.



....more lobster.

Chathem in Cape Cod. It is on the "elbow".


Cape Cod...can't remember the name of this one. I will have to research this.






This Putt Putt Golf at Arnold's was just beautiful. It was a beautiful garden with models of all the light houses on Cape Cod and plaques with their history written on them. Jim was all about the golf as I read my way around and LOST of course.


Maine....we loved Maine...rocky and beautiful....and the lobster isn't bad either!



Ferry from Cape May to Delaware. Jim says this is the cruise I have been wanting to go on so I can quit teasing now. :/











Ok, this is cheese grits, ham (just a few little bits) and fresh scallops! I LOVED this!






Sophie absolutely loved running on the beach.....but it really wore her out.
I should have shot a video for this....she was ZOOOMMMINNNNGGGGG!



Nags Head pier. The old weathered sailor guy that owns this was no nonsense.....I asked him if dogs were allowed on the pier and he shot me a harsh look and told me to go outside and read the sign. I went back outside his bait shop/ restaurant (!) and sure enough.....there it was. Jim and Soph were waiting in the parking lot so I went to break the news. She wouldn't have hurt anyone, pooped on the pier, or stolen any one's fish.....but I guess maybe not all dogs are pier friendly like her.


I have always wondered what Board Walk and Park Place looked like. Wish we could all rent these together and have a big week at the beach!



This dog would wait and watch and "catch a wave". His owners were from Germany and were trying to get him out of the water.....unsuccessfully I might add.
This place was pretty big and I thought it was a bit much, but just this much is great. (Still in Kill Devil Hills).



I love the ocean...the sand is not white, but it is the Atlantic and I just love it. The waves can get pretty big at times and I love all the history and the fact I know wild horses still roam the northern most points of the Outer Banks....well, I just love this. I pray I will be back.


Good pic of Jim saying good bye to OBX.


Great Grand, Joseph. He is a big boy and soooooooo happy and just as adorable in person as his pictures.


Are these not the cutest kids?! Michael, Grace, and Joseph are Jerry's grands....Jerry is Jim's older son. That would make us GREAT grandparents!


Sophie and Michael got along fine.



Michael LOVES trains and putting them together. He does a GREAT job and he is FAST, too.



Last stop before home was to see Marj and Bob who recently moved from Ruston to Birmingham, AL. Their brand new house is LOVELY! I am sooooo happy for them and we plan to go back for a visit when they get all settled in.





1 comment:

kgfrazier said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip! So glad y'all got to see so many family members and some really beautiful places. Great pictures too!