Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Celebration

I have an affinity for holly and berries...so Randi brought me this...a little something to hang over the door right when you enter the house. It is sooooo cute. I just love it!!!!






It has become some what of a tradition to have Randi's parents and grandparents for Christmas eve. It is always a fun evening. This year Randi's Uncle Tommy, Aunt Melody and cousin, Travis will be joining us, too. It will be a wonderful evening for sure. There have been many such Christmas eves. We especially remember the year when my parents were here and we celebrated Josh and Randi getting engaged. It was such a fun night. Everyone was so thrilled about the event the following summer.


Tonight there will be another milestone to celebrate....Randi and Josh are expecting!!!! Jim and I learned this news yesterday and the news has spread throughout the family and onto facebook and hence around the globe. We were surprised, but not shocked as so many of their former classmates and friends have either entered the realm of parenthood or are just heading in that direction. We are just tickled and anxious to have a grandchild we can actually live near. We have several other grands, but this will be the first one we will be able to see on a regular basis. Josh and Randi are just a couple hours away as opposed to twenty or more!


Although this will be a fun night it hurts my heart that Josh's brother, Jer, and his family, his sis. Elizabeth, in Florida and her family, my parents, sisters, and brother and their families are not closer so they can be here to celebrate. They too are thrilled with the news and we would love them to be here as well.....although we might have to rent a hall of sorts if they were to come.


Better get back in the kitchen. We are having baked potato soup and craw fish soup with roast beef sandwiches for dinner. I made a pecan (pronounce it however you like) pie and a lemon meringue pie. Ross (Randi's little bro) and Randi are making a bread pudding. They both have a talent for that so their combined effort ought to yield an exciting finished product!


I will post pics of the gala tomorrow. Merry Christmas to all.... I am praying the reality of the Christ child's entrance onto the stage of human history is as much a reality to you as it is to me.


P.S. Today is Jim and my 29th wedding anniversary! I am wondering if he has remembered. Neither of us have said anything...he is probably waiting to see if I remembered. hahaha.... stay tuned.



5 comments:

adrian seney said...

Great news! Hope you all have a wondeful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

good pics Deb looks very festive. I am sorry I did not realize it was your 20th. Many more is my wish for you all. Yes it is important that christ entered history. what a joy to celebrate with friends and family this joyous time and story up memories when times change for each of us - Merry Christmas

Lora said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Your news is wonderful and your house is beautifully decorated to celebrate the ocassion-What a true blessing!

JoAnn said...

DEBBIE, I TRIED TO COMMENT ON THIS YESTERDAY BUT MY LAPTOP WOULD NOT WORK TO GOOD AT JULIE'S. ANYWAY WE WISHED SO MUCH THAT WE COULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YOU CHRISTMAS AND THE BIG NEWS. WE ARE SO EXCITED ABOUT BEING GREAT GRANDS. YOUR HOUSE LOOKS SO LOVELY. MOM ASN DAD

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.