Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa loves pups, too!

I have been looking around the web and it seems that dogs have taken the place of kids in a lot of people's lives. Dog gifts have never been so popular and people are getting their dog's pic taken with Santa. Dogs have spas and some have wardrobes bigger than mine. Have we.....the human race.... gone nuts?

Now as much as I love my Sophie girl I just don't think I am going to drag her out to have her pic taken with Santa. I know Jim is not going to do it. I must admit she has become a big part of our life, but we don't want to be the "crazy dog folks". Yes, I do talk to Sophie, but I don't think that she understands me all that much. She is watching me and waiting for the "c" words to pop out. (CHEESE or COOKIE!) She certainly has not teased to go see Santa!

I am also wondering if Rome, just before the fall, didn't try to humanize their pets. Is this a sign our culture has gone nuts? Just another cultural indicator. There has always been pet stores and pet products, but from what I can tell with the pet specialty stores, we gone totally bonkers.

Well, I need to get going....Sophie needs me to help her type her email to Santa..... bless her heart she keeps adding to her list...and I can't wait until Christmas morning to see her face when she sees her gifts!

3 comments:

adrian seney said...

That Santa looks THRILLED to have two puppies in his lap!!!

JoAnn said...

ME AND PAPA THINK SOPHIE SHOULD GO TO SEE SANTA. I DO THINK SHE KNOWS WHAT YOU SAY TO HER. JUST LIKE WHEN I SAY"KITTY" TO HER. HAHA SHE IS A SWEETIE. MOM

Lora said...

OK-DEBBIE-you did send Christmas cards with SOPHIE in the middle of you two WITH ANTLERS ON! I have no other comment!