Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Basketball?...what, me?!



I don't really like to watch sports on television. Right now I can't believe I am watching basketball.....but Penn State is playing. For some reason basketball just isn't that fun ....not unless you are actually there. I mean....it is like ping pong....back and forth. It is fun watching the ball swoosh through the hoop, and when someone steals a ball, if it helps my team I just love that! Yet, I get bored with it. Call me at the very end of the game and just let me watch it in the last five mins. Maybe it is sports ADHD....or maybe it is just that I have never played a lot of sports.

I enjoy football and I really like to watch golf... maybe it is because the players are outside. I don't know....although baseball is the hardest of them all for me to watch....I mean with all the scratching and spitting. Hahahaa... it just drives me nuts. Now if someone I know is playing that makes it all different.
My dad and my step dad are football guys...they had football on the TV lot...so all my life I watched football more than anything else. I think it is just in my blood. I like the variety in the plays....or maybe their love for that game rubbed off on me.

A couple times I really got into tennis....into Wimbeldon and loved all of that, but that is rare. I usually forget it. I will watch a horse race, too. Now if you have a fav that is exciting, but it is over way too fast.
So you see I really am not a sports watcher....but I seem to watch a lot of sports. Bizarre isn't it?

Yipppeeeeee Penn State just won against Florida! Maybe I will turn into a basketball watcher after all!

Who are they going to play next? I will be checking that out and setting my dvr

3 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

Way to broaden your horizons..:)The only reason I get into all this basketball is because Nick's work has a pool going on who will win. The pool is pretty big so payoff is pretty good! It also can get really exciting when you watch...

Lora said...

I LOVE BASKETBALL BECAUSE it is so fast! Don't mind football, but I had just as soon walk over a pit of fire as watch a golf tournament. You KNOW TENNIS is my absolute favorite-ESPECIALLY THE GIRLS. Come to think of it I enjoy girls basketball MUCH more too. They are so much more athletic since they are not 8 feet tall!

Deb said...

Lora, good point about the girls being more athletic because they are not as tall....hadn't thought about that.