Thursday, December 27, 2007

bread pudding vs. french toast

Slept in late again....well, we are staying up until 12:30 every night so I am really sleeping the same number of hours....about 6-7 .....as I normally do. I was so hungry when I woke up and I remembered my foray into the art of creating bread pudding and remembered what my daughter in law said....."bread pudding isn't much different than french toast". So I scooped up a chunk and put it in the micro wave, found the "maple syrup" and drizzled a bit on...YUM! It was great and the perfect breakfast. Jim never eats any breakfast and the mere mention of him eating anything makes him shudder....so I had to revel in this discovery all alone. Oh well, all the more for me.

"The kids" are at Randi's parents' home. They stayed over there for Christmas and were going to come over here for a few days, but moving all their belongings didn't sound like fun and I can't blame them. We love to have them here, but they have been here a good bit and we don't feel in he least bit slighted. We will be baby sitting the granddog, Gatsby for a few days while Josh and Randi make the trek to San Antonio to the Alamo Bowl for a couple days. Penn State is playing Texas A &M. Josh has been a Penn State football fan since he was a wee one due to the fact that yours truly's father is a graduate of forementioned prestigious institution. I always thought Josh would get a degree from Penn State, but the cost of out of state tuition plus the allure of free tuition, room and board won out. Randi was also in the pic by then and wouldn't have stood for her dear Josh to wander so far from her. It was bad enough he spent many hours on homework, but she never complained about that....moving far far away would have been different.

Anyway, Jim and I will be dog parents for a couple days. It will be a good test run as we have been thinking about getting a dog. We have been without one for nearly three years....we had Max, our "toy" 28 lb. poodle for 16 years. We are weighing the benefits vs. the hazards of having another mutt about. .....hmmmm Mutt, could be a good name just in case.....same name as Shania Twain's husband...haha. Sure isn't as classy as "Gatsby".

Jim asked for a Bible commentary set by J. Vernon McGee and Santa complied with that request so I started in on Genesis this am and read the first few chapters and have been reading the insightful commentary. I think I am going to enjoy having these books. J. Vernon is obviously dedicated to truth and doesn't appear to have any other agenda. I will be curious to see how he treats some of the scriptures I puzzle over. He wrote that it won't be long that the theory of evolution will be as dead as the dodo bird.....they keep finding reasons to disprove different evolutionary discoveries. With DNA testing he may just be right about this.

Time for me to get moving!!!! I wanted to visit the movies today, but I can't find any family members who are interested. We will proably rent a movie and that will that. This cold rainy weather places us in front of the fire place with the warm air blowing from our fire place insert.....love it! Everytime I think of getting rid of that insert I think of how wonderful the hot air feels.

Have a blessed day and stay warm! Deb

1 comment:

Lora said...

WARNING-WARNING
This blogging thing can be addictive or at a minimum feeds your OCD tendancies. Also know that when you don't post-you get complaints.

BC will love the bread pudding idea-sounds like his idea of the "perfect" breakfast