Friday, December 28, 2007

Metabolic Mysteries

Ok...I did it again....I feel like a TOAD. No, I didn't have any french toast for breakfast today...but I did eat a huge bowl of chex mix before bed while watching Ratatoulle. (Cute Pixar movie.) I didn't gain this vacation weight when I was 17 and I was probably one of the most sedentary teens ever. I could sleep the clock around (Maura, you are blessed with Aunt Deb's talent...and Josh is a close second.) I stayed in my room reading,sleeping, writing letters, poetry, listening to my tunes...yes, I had a stereo and my parents blessed me with headphones....and while I was in my lair I would eat white bread slathered with marshmellow fluff and peanut butter among other tasty health foods. haha I don't know if "health food" was even a phrase then. I don't do that now so the answer must be metabolism. I actually feel that I am more mobile now, so I am wondering if it is the way I breath now. Bears hibernate and their metabolism drops markedly, but so does their breathing. Is is all related to oxygen intake? Just wondering. There is my theory...so theoretically I can sit here typing away and just breath deeper and a bit more rapidly and burn some calories. My step daughter who teaches Yoga has talked about the importance of breahing deeply.

Bouncing along to another subject...the Star of Bethlehem. I found a website that facinates me. http://www.bethlehemstar.net/ Just check it out when you have some time. We now have computer programs that look back at the heavens. They can isolate and "see" what the stars look like at any pt. in history. This guy follows the heavens from Jesus's birth until his crucifixion. I was just blessed to see just one more piece of evidence of our Lord's attention to detail...to perfection. It is the same when I view the workings of he cell.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVUnzk40npw ) Check "The Inner Life of the Cell" on youtube....it inspires awe.

Josh and Randi leave today. I called to ask him when he was leaving and he said at 3:36 PM. Smartie pants. He knew he was giving me some of my own medicine. When he asks me to give him the exact time dinner will be served I usually say something similar. We are cut out of the same cloth and sometimes sparks will fly. I love that boy....even if he makes me crazy sometimes.

Now it is time to get on my eliptical thingie, get my bath. I will be checking into Genesis again....I really love that book...I think it is because of Joseph. He is defineately in my top ten when it comes to cool guys in the Bible. Hey, that could be a book title.

1 comment:

Lora said...

OK-I'm back on my "soap box"-the way to get your metabolism kicked off is exercise. I read today that 30 minutes with a 20 minute stretching or rest and then 30 more minutes is even better to increase your metabolism. OK-sermon over!