Saturday, December 29, 2007

Doggies and sweaters and toys, oh my! or GO PENN STATE!!!

Josh and Randi are off to San Antone for the Alamo Bowl....(GO PENN STATE!) and Gatsby, their surrogate child, is here for a couple days. We just love having him here. He adds a new demension and we are happy to be his hosts....even if he does need to go tee tee at 3:30 am. He is forever a little child...he needs a lot of love and attention. Should we get one of our very own? We have been thinking a lot about this question now that Jim will be home all the tme. We are not so sure we are willing to jump into this sort of committment full time. There are Yorkie-Poos in Jonesboro for sale and they will be ready to leave their Mama on Jan. 9th. We are not sure this is the size doggie we would like. Personally, I think the smaller the better. They are easy to travel with, but then they are a bit more frail.

Gatsby has to eat only dog food or he gets sick, but then it would keep us from feeding our dog things that doesn't need....and are not good for him. Jim thinks he would like a dog a bit bigger.....This will be Jim's choice as he will be the one to have to take care of the dog. They are a lot of company, but they are a lot of hassle sometimes, too. Plus I remember too well the way it was when Max (our 28 lb poodle) became blind, deaf, and got pancreatitus. It was so sad...

The football game isn't until tonight. Josh works with quite a few A&M guys so if Penn State loses he is in for quite a time. Josh knows so much Penn State Trivia and Joe Pa trivia as well. Joe Pa's salary was just revealed and it is $300,000 a year....plus he has donated a couple million to Penn State. He lives a simple, uncomplicated life. He is old school and we love him. At 81 Joe is the real deal. He won't pursue players who are not good students and he has passed up a lot of players that have gone to the pros (Tony Dorsett is one example) just because they didn't have the right GPA. Joe has never sold out. Some sports annoucers talk a lot of smack about Joe, but true Penn State fans don't care. When he does step down it will truly be the end of an era cuz he is a man of priciples.

About the videos at the bottom of the page...... I think I will try and change that out periodically. I had a hard time getting the clips I wanted, but these are ok.... I would like to chose one and a whole string pops up and sometimes they are not what I want.

Today I found some Joni Mitchell clips. She is one of my favorite song writers, even tho she is a super liberal. She has a way with words and is also an awesome painter....check out her art sometimes. I admire her for doing what she loves and doing it well. Her voice is an aquired taste and really is not my favorite girl singers voice. I think some people are like this about Bob Dylan....I am not a Dylan person. A new album is out by Herbie Hancock in honor of Joni with a lot of different artists singing her songs. There is a lot of admiration for her in the music world. I have listened on line and I really do like it a lot. It is called The Joni Letters. I don't get upset because Joni is so libreral because I was once right there with her and I pray she will see the light. Once I met the Lord I found out much of what I believed was backwards....and yes, there really was wrong and right and not just shadows and light as Joni sang....and yes, Joni, we can know for sure. I didn't listen to her for years after I became a Christian....afraid I wasn't strong enough, but now I am sure of my beliefs and I no longer look at Joni as any kind of guru or sage, just someone who knows how to compose music and write good poetry set to that music. I do pray for her. She is 64 or so now....she and Jim are about the same age and her madien name was Anderson and they are both musical.....maybe they are kin. haha. He shudders to even enteratain such a thought ...hahahahhahahahaa. He really doesn't like her and in the movie You've Got Mail they play her song River and Meg Ryan talks about how much she likes Joni Mitchell and Tom Hanks said he could never be with a girl who liked Joni Mitchell....well, that whole thing cracked me up cuz it has been like that our whole marriage. That is ok....(at least Jim appreciates Bruce Hornsby....he is my other music person. Jim got us tickets and we are going to Layfayette to see Bruce and Ricky Scaggs on Jan. 11th. I can't wait. That was one of my Christmas presents. Yipeeeeeee!) I will let you know what it is like.

I better shut up....I am sure once school begins again these long rambling blogs will stop..... so don't worry, Julie. I know you sure don't have time to read all of this blather...actually, I don't know anyone who does...hahhaa.. later, Deb

1 comment:

Lora said...

Joni-"The Consummate Hippie"-you can't be my age and not know Joni. Very talented-WAY TO LIBERAL-but she now looks like a "Hippie Grandma" in that dress. You can't take away the fact that the woman has talent.