Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Up Close and Personal

Frazier James Anderson at 10 days old. Isn't he a cutie? We've all spent a lot of time trying to figure out who he looks like, but I have decided he will look like himself and isn't that always the way it works? Rarely does someone else end up look just like another person. He is unique and special.

He looks a bit young to be a Frazier, but we can still call him Soda sometimes until he grows into Frazier. He will be a baby for a very short time and Frazier will make for a great toddler name.

He is getting over his jaundice and practicing being the perfect baby. He even sleeps four or five hours at night. That is amazing to Jim and I as Josh slept about five hours for the first time at four months. ( I remember things like that!) Words don't inhance these pictures too much, so I will keep them at a minimum. Hard for a new Gabby. (Jim is calling me Gabby, instead of Grammie because that is what they wrote on the side of my Chai Latte cup at Starbucks on Sat. right before we got to their house.) It just might stick....we shall see.

Ahhhh...... nothing sweeter than this! We used to watch TV but now we sit and watch Frazier sleep.

Grampa Jim and Grammie Deb sure were glad to get our hands on that sweet little boy!

This is me holding Frazier on Sunday morning. We had some bonding time, just us two. He just looked at me trying to figure out who this new lady was. What you can't see is that our fur kid, Sophie, is laying by my feet. I was somewhat concerned she may want to sit on my lap while I was holding Frazier, but she was happy just to stay down at my feet. I think she was a little unsure exactly what was in my lap and decided she would be cautious and stay back. Dogs are alway a variable we can't predict, but I am so happy to report both Gatsby and Sophie seem to take our new addition to the family in stride.
Gatsby is a bit of a guard dog. He was right there when I changed Frazier making sure I wasn't doing anything I shouldn't. They truly are a sweet little family of four.
Randi continues to have that new mother glow. We saw it when we went in her room right after he was born.
Josh is a natural with Frazier. I really did expect for him to do well. Josh has always been a sweet and tender guy and being a father fits his personality well, plus I knew if he treated Frazier half as well as he treats Gatsby it would be nothing but net! (I don't even watch basketball...so where did that come from?! )
This motherhood gig just seems like old hat to Randi. She has slipped from "mother to be" into it without even a hiccup. (Speaking of which, Frazier has a lot of hiccups and that is one way he really reminds me of his Daddy when he was a babe.)

7 comments:

Marj said...

Sweet pictures!

Marj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the Jennings secede from the South said...

Cute post. Y'all look so happy with F.A. Henry has the hiccups a lot. They have gripe water at babies r us that helps!

SingingforGodsGlory said...

My lil cousin is so cute.

JoAnn said...

Thanks for the update on that great grandson son of ours. Also the great pics. Between your blog and Randi's we are so enjoying seeing little Frazier with his family. Nama and Psps

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lora said...

AWWWWW Debbie-SO PRECIOUS!