Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mom's 77th

Mom and Dad on the day before Mom's birthday.....she is 77 and he is coming up on 81! They sure don't look like it.

Hannah, Ross, Lauren and Paulie in the middle. Ross is nearly 16! He is nearly 10 years younger than Josh. (Josh wishes he could have been there, too) The grands are changing so fast! It is nuts how fast time flies by! Seems like they were all tiny little people.....I can't take it! Maura wasn't there either, but she is in college and had some tests and papers....so it was understandable as well.

Marcia, Lori, Julie
Mom & Dad


My family gathered together for Mom's 77th birthday and as usual I was here and they were there. I know she understands that it is very hard for me especially at this time of year, to come north. I wish she had been born in June or July....July 4th would have been perfect for me. hahaa.. It is a looooonnnnnngggggg drive (23 hours) and there is no airport real close to where we are from, so we would still have to rent a car and drive a couple hours if we flew.


They went to a nice restaurant (The Old Library in Olean, NY) and had a great time. There were several friends of the family that joined in, too. I know Mom enjoyed it so much. When we were little kids there was never much made of her birthday....so she is past due. We are thankful she is in such great health and still going to the fitness center two to three times a week. After going through the whole breast cancer scare several years ago we are especially thankful....also Mother's Day takes on a new meaning to me since she beat the "big C".


Anyway, it won't be too long before see Mom. We will take the new pup and travel to the upper woodlands of PA....and it will be great to be home again and to smell the grass...which is skinny and soft and smell the woods and have to wear a jacket after the sun goes down ..... there is no place like home especially in the summer time!













2 comments:

Lora said...

I hear homesick in your comment. I know it is difficult to be so far away and I am sorry that you have to endure this. On a happy note-your Mom & Dad look fantastic! Now that is my idea of aging!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

For me, there is no place like home (the south) especially in the winter time!