Friday, May 2, 2008

Tree Tenacity

I was walking Sophie the Schmoof...she has a lot of nick names....and I noticed we have a couple trees that were cut down and now there is follage growing out of their stumps. What is up with that?....I mean....here is this tree who we thought was gone, gone, gone showing us that it is still here with us....smaller, but here nonetheless. There is a magnolia and a dogwood doing this. Well, they are starting to look like nice little bushes...and now I am wondering if we will get blooms. I am afraid Jim will hack them down at some point and not think one thing about it, but I am in awe of their triumph and am watching and wondering what new form they will end up taking. The magnolia had been so large and strong...a favorite climbing tree for so many and now it is so tiny and weak...but full of hope.....and life. The dogwood was never a big strong tree, but a bent tree which reminded me of little bonzais in planters....maybe now it will get a second chance to grow straight and strong.

So what is the message.....some how these treelets are speaking grace to me this Friday morning and I feel like shouting.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Out of ashes & ruin-springs life. What a God we worship!