Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Busyian"

When Josh was a little boy sometimes I would find him in his room with his toys. He would walk from one side of the room to move them or arrange them....just playing like children do. He had a purpose for what he was up to and I loved to see what he was planning. He would pretend and chatter to himself. I would ask him, "Josh what are you doing?" He would look up at me with a look of distain....WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE, DUMB MOMMIE!....he never said those words, but what he actually would say in a very serious voice was, "I am busyian". He didn't want to chat....he had things to do and he didn't have time to talk about it. It cracked me up, but it did give me a glimpse of the future. While at Tech he would be doing calculus homework here at our dining room table. I knew to walk by quietly and not to disturb for he was really busyian when he was doing homework.

Well, I have felt the same way this week. I have been busyian....doing some of the things I have waited all year to do. I wanted to replace the handles and nobs in the kitchen....to rip down some wall paper and paint the paneling that was underneath and also to READ. I wanted to tear the wall paper out of my bathroom, but that can wait....maybe over Thanksgiving I can do that.

I haven't been doing too much blogging cuz of this busyian. Beginning next Monday I will be doing all my busyian at school. Yes, I have to psyche myself up for going back to school. It is a mental thing and I always get excited about a new fresh year and meeting the new seventh graders coming in, but sometimes it just takes a little effort. After all I feel as if school just got out.....the summer flies by so quickly it makes my head spin. Time just doesn't move the same way it did when I was ten and two weeks could seem like a month. What is that about?! I know that is why the kids are often anxious to get back to school while the teachers are longing for one more week of freedom. Also, going to PA for three plus weeks always makes the time fly by sooo fast.... spending four days in a car ....when I sleep on and off....seems to steal days, too.

Maybe that is why I take so many pictures.....just so I can see what did I do over my summer break. Many times I wish I had some beach pictures mixed in with all my family time, but as a whole it was a very good summer....and maybe we can get just a few beach pics next summer.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Those things you wanted to get done that are not done. I personally always operate better under pressure.

JoAnn said...

We have all enjoyed you blogs and pics this summer. Will miss them now that you have to go to school. Try to get a few in from time to time. ok? Mom and Dad