Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Things I like....

All around me are things things that I like.....mostly gifts. I know material things don't define a person, but I know when something feels right to me. This gives you some insight into I am . These are some of the things I like.....I guess this says I am a hodge podge.

This is a stone flower in my yard.....Gail gave it to me for my birthday several years ago. I just have always enjoyed having this in my yard. These are some photos I took and mounted..... no, these are not gifts, but the shells themselves were gifts given to me. I just thought they made awesome photos.
A photo Randi took when we went to the Outer Banks in 2003. Everyone loves this photo of my two neices and two nephews. Randi found the light house. She knew I loved light houses. Josh bought me the candle holder from O'Dell pottery about 1999. He picked it out himself....that makes it very special to me. I like this little table and this mirror. My friend, Gail, gave me the flowers over the mirror. I just like how it all goes together.... When I saw this table and mirror, I knew it would match the paneling in the living room. It matches perfectly and is just the right size for this spot. My mom gave me the magnolia candle holder and book ends. Magnolias.....very southern.

This is a really cool cup and saucer given to me by Randi's Mom. She found it in an antique store this summer. She was right....it does look like me and I just love it.

This is a plate given to us by my family for our 25th anniversary. It is from Wendall August Forge in Pa. Check out what they have for sale.....I love their large trays with the Amish Barn Raisings depicted. I just love trees.....art with trees incorporated. Do those folks know me or what!?

Stay tuned.....I have a lot of things I really like.....this is only the tip of the ice berg.





2 comments:

Lora said...

LOVE THAT PLATE!

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

thot for sure we'd see a pic of jim and the fuzzball