Monday, August 25, 2008

Dog Mamas

Yes, I admit it....I am a Dog Mama....and as I am writing this Sophie is peaking around the doorway looking at me as it to say...."Come on! It is time for bed!!" She is smarter than I am about many things. This is Jeananne and Zoe and Sophie (a Bichon Frise) and me. We got our puppies only days apart and they just about the same age. Zoe is a Yorkie Poo just like granddog, Gatsby. She is a doll and loved by her mama.....yes, and her pop, too. Both of these girls are ruling their roosts and provide us with many chuckles and smiles.

Below is Dutchess.....Jeananne's dog before Zoe....who disappeared...possibly stolen. Jeananne and Charlie are still mourning the loss of Dutchess....who could actually say, "I love my Mama". I saw that with my own eyes and if you don't believe me they have it on video......she also could say, "I'm hungry." She really was one of the best behaved labs I have ever met....and such a sweetie, too. I miss her.
It is amazing to see how we love our pups. Most of the Dog Moms I know go to great lengths to make sure their pups are loved, happy, well fed, and get lots and lots of affection.

This is my daughter in law, Randi, and her "darlin'", Gatsby the Yorkie Poo. Gatsby spent a day at a dog spa in Dallas while she and Josh went to the mall. It sounded like a wonderful place for a pup and I told Jim we need to go to Dallas so Sophie can have a day at the Petopolis. They get to play with dogs of their own personality type and size.....and she would LOVE that. Gatsby was tiny and fragile when he was born and Randi took such good care of him I sometimes wonder if he would have been in a family with a house full of little kids....who tend to be rough on a puppy, if he would have made it.

This is Joanna and her little pug, Lucia, who was found tied to a tree covered with bug bites and starving. She has loved little Lucia who is now so healthy, well fed and happy....with a beautiful coat. Lucia is so cute now and such a bundle of energy compared to the first time I met her. She is so blessed and I think she knows it. She loves to come to Granny's and visit her buddy, Jake....see him swimming with his Mom.

Above is neighbor, Helen (Joanna's Mom) with her buddy, Jake. She exercised Jake and his brother, Duke, in the pool. (Duke was Jake's brother who had a terrible accident and had to learn to walk again...and getting in the pool was the best way to make him stronger.) Helen rehabed Duke and exercised Jake day after day because she knew it would help....and it did. Duke got stronger and his dog Mom, Helen saw the fruit of all her work. Duke has left us, but Jake is still a great source of joy for his Mama.

Friend, Gail has a Puggle...half Pug and half Beagle named, Ace. He is her sweet boy and she enjoys exercising him around her neighborhood every day when she gets home from work. What a cutie. He is a happy and healthy guy. He and his Mom, Gail have gone through some changes but are now settled and happier than ever. He also has a new sister....(below is Missy) I had a cute picture of Gail and Missy and I just can't find it on my computer. I will get another sometime to post. Missy is a rescue Yorkie. She had heart worms and Gail has made many trips to the vet so Missy could have her treatments....which took several weeks of over night visits....not to mention the expense. I would say Missy hit the jackpot when she met Gail and Dan. They love her....she is quite the pretty girl don't ja think?

Yes, Sophie, Mama is coming.....well, it is off to bed, but one more sentiment.....
I wish I had a picture of my Mom and her "son" Bailey the yellow lab and my sister, Julie and her black lab, Murphy. Bailey is an oldster and Murphy a youngster and both of them are loved very much. I know Bailey isn't going to be around too much longer. He is 12 and that is old for labs and his Mama....and Papa are going to really miss him. Murphy and Julie have the same relationship most people have with their teens....they love them to death, but they are looking forward to a time when things are a bit calmer. Murphy really doesn't act that much different than Sophie, Lucia or Zoe....he is just soooo much bigger and that really makes a difference.
I was talking to a woman the other day who told me her son was in Iraq and the other son had moved out.....but she has this little Schnoodle who makes her laugh and just is such a joy to her. She and her husband are enjoying having the little pup to love on.....and while they are a lot of responsibility .....and sometimes a lot of trouble, they will give you a kiss on the cheek or nuzzle you and it just makes you feel so happy.....and it is hard to imagine life without them.

" Hi, I am Missy......come up and see me sometime."
I will do another post sometime on our pups who have gone on...yes they are still missed.

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Nice blog about all the dogs that we all have now.We won't forget Toby, Pokie and Drake. I know Josh won't forget Drake. By the way Julie's Murphy is a black Lab.

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
randi frazier anderson said...

Aww...We're all pretty crazy about our dogs. But it's so hard not to be! Actually I had to stop in the middle of reading this post to chase Gatsby down because he ran off with some ribbon... and I had to get up to take some rick-rack away from him just now! He's on a tear today. I shouldn't leave stuff on the floor, but most of the time he won't mess with it! Anyway, I'm trying to become a better commenter, as I'm forever visiting blogs and leaving no trace I was there...and I know it's nice to hear some feedback. So there...I came, I saw, I commented! :)

Lora said...

You Girls & your dogs!

Just say Julie said...

Such a cute post Deb! Tell Jeananne I said hi!