Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Anyone besides me....

I took my very first steps trying to get next to the TV when my favorite commercial was on the screen. Speedy Alka Seltzer was one the of the cutest commercials ever made.....in my humble opinion.

Sick to death of Sally Fields talking about her once a month pill for osteoporosis....like she is just too busy to take a pill each day. Come on, Sally, you have at least 20 seconds a day to take a pill.

I am also sick and tired of that stupid commercial where the mop sings, "Baby Come Back". I used to like that dumb song from the 70's and now it has been defiled.


Jim is sick of caveman commercials. I actually like some of those. My mom didn't like the Abe Lincoln talking to the beaver commercial....a sleep aide....you know, "your dreams miss you" commercial. I thought it was sorta funny, but did get tired of seeing it.

And what about Billy Mays? According to my observations he drives most folks into seizures.(Remember on Seinfeld when Krammer's seizures were caused by Mary Hart's voice)....they switch off the TV before they even know what product he is pushing. I am always too curious to see what miracle product he is selling. Yes, I do have the "handy switch" and just love it. I don't have to use a pull chain anymore. I want to get those lids that seal any size dish......and we got some mighty putty. That works well in certain situations....not all as Billy has led us to believe...but as usual....I digress. (sorry)

And then there are those commercials about the problem of E. D. That is waaaaayyyyyy tooooo much information and I avoid those at all costs. I think these might need to be banned. Enzite (sp?) might have the most offensive of the commercials in this genre......the guy in the elevator with a variety of "young ladies" is the ultimate in disgusting!

Yes, I am sure Speedy Alka Seltzer drove some folks nuts back in the 50's, but I still miss him....I guess Speedy was a lot like our little Geico Gecko.....just a cute little spokesman who doesn't shout at us, expect us to listen to a singng mop, or talk to us like we are morons without enough time to take a pill each day!

5 comments:

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

dont buy the mighty putty.
you can buy it under another name for less than $2 at wally world. It's called Quick Steel and is found in the automotive section.

Lora said...

TOO BUSY to think about this today-but "I will think about that tomorrow!" "Frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn!"

Anonymous said...

yes I do Deb I wish wwe could go back to little dough boy etc. Evidentently there are people out there that like it. HB

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb said...

Ridiculous, inane remarks made by those too cowardly to sign their name will be deleted. Bomb throwers are not welcome here.

The Management :)