Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day 2008


I don't like war.....I don't think anyone who is sane does. The only positive result from war is to procure freedom from oppression. There are and always have been those leaders who want to dominate, control, and destroy.....we can look back and list off names of the infamous who are part of the darkest aspect of history. Just wars are those that stand against such coruption.
Of late toppling the evil Sadam Hussein and his cohorts and standing against the insurgents who want to grab the power away from the people is our country's mission . I know this war is not popular and I too am weary of hearing of American casualties and seeing those soldiers who have come home maimed needing prosthetic arms and legs. It is so disturbing and I am praying we will be able to bring all of our young men and women serving in Iraq back to their families, but I am so proud of our service people bringing freedom to a people who were so oppressed and who lived in such fear

The World War II veterans are disappearing group who also stood agains evil. That generation is one of a kind and I don't believe our generation can really understand the sort of sacrifice that generation made. I fear most of my generation and the generation to follow are not made of the same grit. I pray I am wrong and we could step up to the plate if faced with the challenge of a World Wide conflict just as our fathers and grandfathers did. The world owes them a great debt.


Pray daily for the safety of our service men and women....thank someone who is serving (or has served) our country..... We need to respect them and their leaders; support them as they want to finish the Iraq War well.

3 comments:

Lora said...

I think the generation serving now-on a voluntary basis-are just as great as my Father's generation. Think about the reaction after 9/11 WE STILL HAVE IT!

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

as a percentage, more volunteers in viet nam that WW2 and don't forget that Bahgdad is a safer place to be than Washington DC where there is a total ban on handguns!

Deb said...

Good points you all....you know I am thinking that people from D.C. may want to move to Baghdad to feel safe.