Thursday, July 17, 2008

Great, Great Grands!

Great Great Grampa Rudy and newest Great Great Granddaughter, Grace.....all the way from Illinois.
Below: Uncle Jim, photographer extraordinaire, gets a fantastic shot of Great Great Grampa Rudy while Aunt Darlene tries to get the Samoftikins in check.

Great Great Grampa Rudy and Great Grampa Jim and Great Gramma Debbie!


Posing for pics is not the favorite pass time of two year olds....but Michael was a trooper and hung in as we got our pictures for posterity.

Josh and Katie are great parents.....they don't give the kids processed foods or sugar. Fruit is the treat of choice. They also have tons of patience. Sophie the puppy running around playing and two little ones who were curious about everything is more excitement than the Anderson house had seen in a while and Josh and Katie smiled all the while. I remember how I used to take Josh visiting relatives who hadn't seen him in a year and it would get hard on the poor little guy. We really appreciated them coming and staying for a couple hours.
What a pretty little girl Grace is! She was friendly to all of us and especially was interested in Sophie. When Sophie licked her face she cried, so Sopie had to do some jail time.

Jim is telling his sis, Darlene, about the time we drove Jeannie, Katie's Mom to Illinois when Katie had her gall bladder removed. Katie was pregnant with Grace and that was our first time to meet Michael.

GG Jim and Grace. We are tying to figure out who she looks like. Darlene said she looks a lot like pictures of her cousin Judy when she was a baby. I will check this out when I see some pictures and let you know.

Great Gramma Debbie is showing Michael how to use the magic slate she and Great Grampa Jim found for him. As we thought back to the long trips we used to make from Illinois we thought this may be something fun to do on the way. I told Katie she needed to learn to pretend to be hedgehogs in the back seat like Josh and I used to.....surely Josh remembers playing the hedgehog game ....hiding under blankets....hahaaa. So silly....what I do best..




Jim and I ran down to Olean for some groceries and also for another "beef on wick" at the Beef and Barrel. We just wanted to get one more before we left. We then stopped at Ice Cream Island where they mix the home made ice cream on a cold stone. Every day they make the ice cream fresh and you pick which flavors you want and they add them. Jim had the peanut butter and chocolate and I had the Pineapple,coconut and vanilla bean. Yummmmmy.




I asked this kid if he wanted to be on my blog.....he said, "Sure!"




The plain ice cream is put on a stone and they mix the ice cream on this cold stone with the different flavors.


The cones are also made new daily....and we though they were different tasting than ones we have had before.



Jim got the chocolate and the peanut butter cone.....it probably was a little better than mine, but I always do tropical flavors.

3 comments:

Lora said...

I HAD FORGOTTEN just how old you and Jim were!!!!! Is this the family on the blog, linked on your site? So cute! DEBBIE-A WHOLE CONE OF ICE CREAM! BEWARE THE EXERCISE BELL WILL TOLL!

Deb said...

Yes, the Vos family....big John Piper fans. These kids are just adorable...and I am NOT prejudiced!

Yes, I think I have gained weight here even though I am walking up hills. Maybe I can do a fast and just eat watermelon when I get back.

Anonymous said...

Good post.