Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Shoppin' for....

Needless to say I didn't need too much for dinner.....no smart comments about the bavarian creme....they had two left and we nabbed them. They were almost as good as the ones at the Donut Hole in Destin. I have never had any that yummy.






Today started rainy but turned into a nice day. Mom and I went to Olean to check out the mall and do some grocery shopping for bargains. (The local grocery tends to have prices which are off the charts so we always have to get some groceries when we leave the boro.) It was a fun day with lunch at Tim Horton's. That coffee is delicious and their lentil soup wasn't bad either. We spent all day wandering hither and yon so both of us were pretty tired when we got home. Mom's feet were really hurting her and she was wearing her good Easy Spirit walkers. My feet were fine in my crocs, but I was just sick of shopping. (Jim won't believe that when he reads this.)

One store I wanted to check out was Steve and Barry. They are caring Sarah Jessica Parker's new line of clothing...."Bitten". "Get Bitten" is their tag line. I bought a big blousey shirt....Katherine Hepburnish...for only $9.98. ($11 something with the tax) Mom thought it looked too much like a maternity top, but I have a belt in mind to wear with it. It is super comfy though. I must admit it is a bit strange....but I just liked it. Nothing in that store was expensive at all. It sorta reminded me of Old Navy.

Came home had dinner with Jim and Rudy, played a hand of cards then took Sophie for a really looooong walk. She ended up crying and wanting me to pick her up and carry her. Poor little sis, she just isn't used to walking a couple miles. I carried her for the last 1/4 is all. I thought she did very well considering her widdle legs are about 7% as long as mine. If we were to figure this out by scale....she probably walked about 25 or 30 miles. Her tongue was hanging out. We had to stop and sit on the steps of the Lutheran church for a while for her to catch her breath. She really needed some water. When we got home she drank two bowls of water. After a little rest she was blitzing around the living room with her bear....so I guess she wasn't too worn out. I would hate to get PETA on my case.

Jim is locking up the house and turning off the lights. Sophie is jumping up and pawing me to come upstairs. She has become VERY bossy lately....telling me when I need to go to bed, get up...etc. I guess it is a good thing she is cute.... I need to stop this before she leaves some serious scratches on my arm.......

3 comments:

Lora said...

OK-And Exactly WHO is in charge????? At Helen's Tuesday, Jake came over and pawed me at 4PM. Helen said it is time for him to eat-everyday at 4. I guess dogs can tell time also?

Deb said...

Yes, Sophie knows when it is noon and her time to eat. It is pretty amazing to me.

Kelley said...

Even those two old lady dogs of mine will come and tell me when it's time for their pills. It's the cream cheese I put the pills in that they want!