Friday, July 4, 2008

A Nice Day for a Quiet Fourth



I got up early and made my deviled eggs and Jim cleaned off the patio and made hamburger patties.   I had prepared salad and baked beans yesterday so I didn't have too much to do today.  Marcia and Sean made the trip from Philadelphia yesterday.  Mom, Dad, Marsh and Sean came down around 1 PM for our picnic.  Mom made her famous potato salad with the broccoli.  

We missed seeing Julie and the James Gang but they are in Florida at Universal Studios having a great time, so we are happy for them and are anxious to hear all about it.  Lori and her crew couldn't make it.  I think Joe was on call at the hospital and the kids had commitments. Paul and Sue were planning on coming, but it was hard to get away from work.  Maybe next year.

Rudy, my father in law, enjoyed being outside and all the yummy taste treats......as did Jim and yours truly.   Jim grilled some delicious burgers and of course I had to try one...well half of one anyway.  There were left overs so I will get to have some of this for lunch tomorrow.  Jim was glad that Mom brought a carrot cake....his favorite!!  (THANKS!)

After we stuffed our faces we all went inside where Jim played a medley of patriotic tunes on the piano.  It was very pretty and heartfelt.  America the Beautiful was by far my favorite.  I am amazed he never plays it quite the same way twice.  The chords he weaves together are better every time.  I just don't think he knows how much we enjoy it.

Then some of our members took naps while the others chatted and played with Sophie, the brazen Bichon.  Yes, it was a quiet fourth of July......our town fireworks were last night.....but we will try to increase our numbers for next year and we will really whoop it up.

3 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoAnn said...

Hi Sorry i goofed before. We surely did have a great 4th. Hopefully next year the whole gang will be here.