Wednesday, January 9, 2008

...give me more faith....

Our Wed. small group is starting into the book of Acts .....what a unique book of the Bible! There is no other book like this one. The Holy Spirit is the central character of this book and His role in the life of the believer is explored. I am praying for new revelation because I believe I need one desperately.

I have some fear concerning the Holy Spirit, but I think there is a lot of that going around amongst Christians so I don't feel unique. I think this is mainly because we are afraid to give up the control we so dearly love....even if it is ultimately an illusion. I wonder if the Lord smiles to Himself as He views us planning our futures. Now don't get me wrong we all of us must have a plan, but we must understand that our plan is second to the Lord's and regardless of the appearance (appearance vs. reality?!) His plan is the best plan. ( it is awesome when our plans are in alignment.) We see through a glass darkly and we are unaware of the BIG picture. At some point in our existance....which is eternal....we may understand the Lord's purposes, but I am pretty sure the Holy Spirit's primary purpose will be to give God glory and to promote His plan. We don't have to understand and it sure isn't all about us. (I wonder if Joel Osteen or any other popular tv preacher, ever tells his church that?)

Now this is soooooo easy to say, but I find myself pleading and bargining and trying to understand....asking questions ...crying out for His help. I believe He understands our humaness and doesn't hold that against us and He is even heart broken when we doubt His ability to handle our struggles. Lord, give me the faith I so desperately need....forget the understanding, but for now just give me faith.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I am about out of gas.....we are suppose to go to Lafayette tomorrow. I sure hope Jim is better.....he is still moving slowly. We are thinking maybe his back is missing Holiday Inn beds so we are heading off to sleep in one. Now see....if we had a doggie it would be a hassle to pick up and go....I want a bishon, but what to do with one when we are gone. It is hard to believe we had Max for 16 years, but then we never went any place, and when we went to PA he just went, too. Maybe a dog is a bad idea.....at least for a while.

Night night

1 comment:

Lora said...

CONTROL-which is all about the universe turning just around us-that is the problem. I ABHOR being out of control. VERY TELLING! I am positive God is chuckling at me even thinking I am in control.

We miss our pets, but-we just pick up and go-even at the last minute without worrying about another living being needing tending to.