Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lori, me and middle sister, Julie at my collge graduation from
Edinboro U. , near Erie, PA. in 1977...it is windy near the lake. We all have our mouths open.... haha.

Just talked to my little sis, Lori on the phone. There is not a more enthusiastic girl. She is in sales and has been since she got out of college in 1986. She doesn't take no for an answer and she has never met a person she can't talk to....perfect combination. She and her husband met when they were in a band that played a lot of Led Zepplin. I was in Illinois and I never got a chance to see this band, although I did see a video once. She could give Robert Plant a run for his money and she had the same hair, too. She has always loved to sing....Joe, her husband plays the drums and Lori is the vocalist. These days they are playing praise music. I am so excited about that because I remember thinking......like 15 years ago......too bad Lori and Joe couldn't redirect their energies to give glory to the Lord. Now I like rock'n'roll, but once the Lord found me I decided His music had to take the forefront. It feeds your soul and the other just seems to add to the craziness of this world. When I was young I didn't realize the hole that this stuff was filling.....I know now it actually was feeding me, but it was feeding me junk food. It is a wonder my soul didn't dry up and die completely.


Anyway, Lori is so receptive to the things of God....and I am so happy she is not only being fed, she and her sweet husband, Joe are helping to feed the sheep. Praise is a wonderful ministry and her enthusiasim is contagious. They have even played at a Christian Coffee house, Holy Grounds.....don't ja love it!? Joe and Lori are both so busy ....with two children who are into soccer, cheerleading.... (Hannah's group won third place at Disney World a couple months ago)....basketball, baseball, piano lessons, guitar lessons....well, needless to say if they can make time for their praise band along with their jobs and all their activities.....then non of us can make any excuses. When I talk to her and she starts telling me all the things she is doing........I get tired. Lori walks daily and is in very good shape....Joe does the tredmill. I guess they have to get their engines reved up first thing in the morning. I want to go hear their band.....she sent me a sound clip of Mary Did you Know ....for Christmas and it sounded so good.

Back report.....Jim's back is feeling better. He has quit using the cane, but I have warned him to be careful. It seems he is going to be driving back to Lafayette tomorrow to attend the funeral. His friend's father died and he wants to go....the only reason he won't go is if he has a set back with the back deal.

Found out my friend, Lora, finished her marathon this am....I am thankful. I know how badly she wanted this. I really wasn't too worried, but I know there is always a chance of an unforseen problem so I am glad it all went well for her.

Colts just lost to San Diego.....we are sad at our house. We wanted Peyton to go to the Super Bowl.....now we will watch to see if Eli and the Giants can beat Dallas. Josh has always loved the Giants. He had a Giants uniform when he was in second grade.....and a jacket and a knit hat that he promptly lost soon after he got it for a Christmas gift.....but we have always been for he Giants and generally we are for Dallas, well except for when he is playing anyone named Manning. Jim loves that family....just thinks they are swell. Seriously, he has a lot of respect for those boys and their Mom and Dad.

Our Christmas tree....although naked.....is still standing in the corner. It stood naked for several weeks before Christmas and now it is standing naked after. Maybe we should just leave it until next year...it is pretty and it s green. I had a silk ficus at one point, so this is a pine...what is the big diff.? They both collected dust. Seriously tho, we don't have any place to store this new tree cuz it is a lot bigger than the old tree had for 20 years....well, until we build our building we so desperately need. Jim wanted to disassemble it today, but not until his back is a lot better. I could hang hearts on it for Valentine's day.....haha

Here is a tiny taste of the concert we saw.....listen to this Andy kid on the fiddle....he has such a great ear!!!

1 comment:

Lora said...

DEBBIE-Your picture! You were so young-but I still see Debbie in that young face!!!! SWEET DEBBIE!
Thanks for your prayers-I DEFINITELY FELT THEM!