Sunday, January 6, 2008

We are terUUCK folks now...

Rode to church in the terUUCK today..I had a heck of a time getting up into the truck with a long straight skirt on. The truck is a 2000 Chevy S10 .....and is fine, but I prefered the company car...a nice low to the ground 2007 Impala. We can take my/our camry, but for some reason Jim wanted to take "the terUUUk"....you have to say it like that at our house. (Jim is starting to remind me of Hank Hill... ) Anyway, it is just one of many little adjustments I will have to make to this retirement gig Jim has now. He has a lot of plans concerning building stuff, but unless his back gets stronger....or probably his abs is more like it, it is going to be tough for him. He fired up the chainsaw today and cut down a small dead tree in the yard, but he felt a pop and his back was out. I told him I don't feel sorry for him as he knows what excersices he needs to do for the prevention of this occurance, yet he doesn't do it on a consistant basis. He sure wouldn't feel sorry for me if it were the other way around!

Tomorrow night is the big game between LSU and Ohio State. I bet if it were in the afternoon "they" would close all the schools in the state. Being born a northerner...ok "Yank", I sorta would like to see Ohio State win....plus they are a Big 10 team and that is what I grew up knowing about.....Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan and the U of I. (When we were in Illinois we got to attend a U of I game and that was so exciting.) There are 11 teams in the big 10 right now, go fig! Although, I really don't have any love for Ohio State....they are not one of my favorite teams...they are representing the Big 10...but there is my friend, Wesley, who will feel so bad if LSU doesn't win. So I am torn. I guess I hope the best team wins and there aren't
any bad calls.

Well, the Republican candidates are debating on Fox....I really like Alan Keyes but it appears he isn't even being considered viable....he isn't included in this debate. Alan is so right on he gives me chills. Maybe the Lord wants him to be His prophet instead. I got a chance to talk to him in person and he sure tells it like it is. But as I listen to this group's answers I lean towards Fred Thompson......but I need to make a grid or something so I can compare these guys on the issues. Huckabee seems pretty good...but I need to know how they stand on several issues. We all need to begin praying now for MERCY and for the Lord to put HIS man in office. I think George Bush was His man for this time in history and I am thankful that. I cringe when I think what could have happened.

Ok....enough rambling. I better get to bed. Tomorrow is Monday and I have several boxes of new books to get processed. I love the smell of the new books and I can't wait to introduce them to their new home and to the old books.....you should see the kids' faces when I tell them stuff like this. I tell them to check out some of the lonely books that used to be so popular and nobody loves anymore. They usually end up liking those old lonely books, too.

Nightie night.

1 comment:

Lora said...

OH-YOU ARE ON DANGEROUS TURF! To admit that you would even maybe consider liking Ohio to win could be considered treason in these here parts. Personally, I am not much of a football fan, but will watch just to see how the LSU fans behave.

BC & I love riding in our "old yard terruck, better yet is driving the 4 on the floor!