Saturday, January 19, 2008

Whatever Sophie wants,Sophie gets....

Okay....I know there will be the "I told you so" comments, but I seriously don't remember this part of the puppy deal. Our little girl, Sophie, is on Sophie time...she likes to sleep two hours at a time, winky tink, and run around and play with toys for about 20 mins..and promptly fall DEEPLY asleep. She is fun to watch and to play with, but I need a bit more sustained sleep. ...and I have stopped wondering what she is thinking cuz it is obvious there is some diabolical plan to manipulate my every move. Underneath this little white fluffy body with big brown eyes that melt my heart is an evil, self centered little imp who would snap her fingers and bark out orders if she were able. Dogs and junior high students have a lot in common.

Also, this cold weather is not condusive to training. It seems it is too cold outside to tee-tee so "we" have to wait until we get back into the house to find an appropriate spot. We are going to buy puppy pads as soon as the stores are open. Thankfully, she appears to prefer the tile floor to carpet. We will put these pads in the same place for a few days and once Lola gets the idea that is where she is suppose to do her business we will move them outside and place her on them. Supposedly, this works like a charm....we shall see. Last night my mother and I were on the cell phone talking about these pads at the same time Jim was on the landline talking to Jeananne about them.... neither of us had heard of these before! We lead sheltered lives I guess.

Our friends, Jeananne and Charlie, got a Yorkie Poo yesterday...that is the same type as our granddog, Gatsby.....and experienced users of puppy pads. They seems to have researched all of this better than we have. Maybe Sophie and Zoey can have a play date....althoughSophie is almost 4 lbs and Zoey is about 1 1/2 lbs...so maybe we should wait.

Sophie likes to be next to Jim. Last night we would move her to my side of the sofa and she would stay for a few minutes and then find her way back to "Dad". I am trying not to get my feelings hurt. She doesn't seem to want to be ON our laps, just next to our laps. Gatsby on the other hand wants to be ON our laps when he is here. It does make using a lap top tough so Lola is more laptop friendly.... but I always feel so special when Gatsby "pops" up on the sofa and jumps onto my lap and goes to sleep....I wish I could go to sleep as fast as these dogs do! It really is amazing.

I can't wait to see Gatsby and Lola together. Hopefully, Gatsby will like this fuzzy little girl. Gatsby isn't too keen on any dogs ......he thinks he is a kid. .... and that is probably what makes him so endearing. I still miss him. He has a personality all his own. I am wondering what sort of personality Lola will have. She is coming out of her shell. She was sooooo timid at first, but not anymore. She tired to jump off the sofa and I know she hurt herself. She cried and limped for a while. Ahhhhhh...guess she can't do that yet.

Okay....I will try not to write about Lola every blog.....but it might be hard for a few days (every once in a while I accidently call her Sophie...what is that about?? Maybe that is her Real name. Finding the right name is tough. We have been try out several names and we considered Loralu, LuLu, Lily, Lola...and Lola seemed to fit, but now...Sophie!? Just comes out....strange! Will we have to change her name? I just did it again.....I don't know any Sophies except Sophie Tucker...there I go showing my age again. I have to leave the room...I don't trust her around cords... what do I do??!!......do I need a play pen? I don't want my lap top cord chewed up. Good grief!!!!

Jim just woke up......and she is all excited. I guess second banana isn't a bad gig... ;-)

1 comment:

Lora said...

Thought about kenneling her? Some say that helps at night. I AM GLAD IT'S YOU ALL GOING THROUGH THIS! I AM TOO OLD for midnight take outs!