Friday, March 14, 2008

Glad to be out of the closet!!


Jim, Sophie, and I are feeling rather thankful this Friday evening. We were just sitting in the closet for about 15 mins. until the bad weather was past.... Soph was completely at peace in her little bed....knowing we were not gonna let anything hurt her. Jim and I had the door closed with a flash light and we were listening for the hail to hit and we were praying there would be no tornadoes and no people or animals hurt by the storm. The next door neighbors called and they were at the Ruston's Celebrity theater standing in the hall. I told him we were in the closet......
Jim made fun of me cuz I put all my best jewelry on before getting in the closet...he said they would find me in a tree hanging from my pearls...haha. I got in there and wished I had all my disks with my photos.... I also took my lap top in there. All Jim brought was his puppy.

We sat there and prayed. We knew Dr. Dale couldn't go to an inside room or closet and we were worried, but the Lord was good and he watched over all of us. As far as I know this weather system hasn't hurt anyone. I pray it does not as it travels east.

I know the Lord hears our prayers and He hears prayers concerning weather. Sometime in the early 90's I was watching the 700 Club. This was before I worked full time...anyway there was a huge hurricane heading toward Virginia Beach and Pat Robertson stopped the program....which was live.....and he read scripture and then he and the audience prayed and rebuked the hurricane and told it to go back. Well, there were a whole group of Catholic Nuns in the audience that day and I still remember them standing up with their arms outstretched praying against the hurricane. Meanwhile, I was checking the weather channel every few minutes. It was amazing but that hurricane STOPPED soon after and just sat there and then started moving out to sea and away from land! It was nothing short of amazing. The guy on the Weather Channel couldn't understand it and that night it made the nightly news.... I can't remember which, ABC, NBC or CBS.... but they said it was unprecidented and some weatherman said he had never seen anything like that before. Meanwhile, none of these people knew about the mighty prayer of the people at the 700 club or the Catholic Nuns in the audience that prayed with such authority!

I believe I witnessed a miracle that day. It was right up there with Clarance Thomas getting through his confirmation process. The Lord intervened there also....and that too was a storm, a spiritual storm.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Preach on, Sister!