Sunday, March 16, 2008

Perfect weather....

It was about 70 degrees today and there was a breeze....PERFECT! It couldn't have been nicer....SORRY TO MY PA READERS.....your spring will come, not the explosion of colors we see down here, but Spring is beautiful any place it turns up. Sophie is enjoying the weather and loves to walk up and down Dogwood checking out everything....she always returns to the house with a little souvenir, a twig, leaf, or pine cone.....camillia flowers look pretty even in Sophie's mouth. We sure hope this is just a puppy thing.

I visited with the Boersmas for a little bit today. David showed me how to make cinamon toast to die for! I sorta wish he hadn't done that....wonder how many calories are in one piece? Jean (Mark's mother-in-law), had been here for a visit but returned today to Memphis, TN. today. Helen said that marriage made them family, but Christ made them sisters. They both beam the same way when they talk about their grandchildren in Malawi. Jackson, Kelly Grace and Kate who are so special and I know how hard it is for them to be so far from them. Jean got an up close look at the daily care routine. Dr. Dale is not demanding, but he has personal needs that are being attended to round the clock. Helen is also trying to make sure he stays free of bed sores and she stimulates circulation by massaging his feet and legs.....and arms. If it were not for her need for sleep she would do it all herself..... when I think of them when I am at school or when I wake in the night ....I pray. I pray for Dr. Dale, Helen,...also David and Rachel who are there much of the time to help out. Joanna is here now and I will be praying for her as well. Please join me to pray for this sweet family.

I have been searching the Internet to find out what is wrong with Jim's leg. It hurts and we think it is either a stress fracture in his bone, or tendinitis. Dr. Helen and Dr. Lora seem to lean toward tendinitis....but Jim thinks it is his bone that hurts. I imagine it is hard to tell which is hurting in there. All I know is he needs to keep from hurting it again, whatever it is. He has been up and down the stairs in the yard barn and I told him he can't ride 70,000 miles a year for 19 years and then start working so hard. I have been telling him to rest, but he doesn't usually heed my advice. Hopefully he will be careful and this too will pass. If it isn't better in a month he will have to see an osteo doc for an x-ray. I got him some Crocks cuz they are so spongy and it will better than walking around in his socks on this tile floor. I love the look of tile but it is HARD and very unforgiving. Lora is right, getting older is not for whimps!!

This is a four day week at school....then off for a week, then one week of school before the Book Fair begins. I will try to round up some parent helpers this week. It gets harder each year as most Moms and Dads are working. If it was just about the money I could sell pens or pencils all year, but it is so important for the students to get at least a book they would like to read....they can get some books for summer reading. I sure hope they will read some this summer. Scholastic usually sends a variety and there is something for everyone. Anyone is welcome so if you are in the hood April 7-11 come and check it out!! Like I said there is something for everyone!

1 comment:

Lora said...

We actually pass the Scholastic Store? on the interstate just the other side of Waco. Camille went there when she was teaching and got some "Real Deals". Have you thought about contacting the Junior Auxillary & asking for volunteers for the Book Fair? Got our Dessert Fest tickets!