Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rain, Rain Come and Stay.

This a pic Soph and Dad....I thought they needed their picture taken with the pretty azaleas.

Can I tell you how happy I am it is raining!!! It has to help! I have never had pollen allergy troubles here until this year...I have had it in Illinois (ragweed). Yesterday, by bedtime I was starting to panic because I wanted some AIR and I couldn't seem to get enough.....took another Musinex and it finally got better, but I don't feel normal taking stuff like this. Usually, I eat local honey from the Old Wheat Barn and I didn't this year. Maybe that was the problemo. The idea is the content in the honey will inoculate a person from the local allergy villains. I kept forgetting to go and get some. I had a big jar that lasted like five 0r six years. (I am not a huge honey eater....) I might still go get some even though I think we are over the worst of it. I also spent a lot of time out in the pollen this week tramping up and down to the yard barn to put stuff in the attic....and then there was all the time standing around waiting for little sister to pick her spot. So maybe I was out in it more than usual. I don't know, but Thank You Lord, for the Rain!! I have already been out in it for one of Soph's pit stops and the damp cool air smells cleaner...and I don't hear the familiar wheeze coming from my chest.

This rain is gentle....don't want it too hard to wash away the grass seed Jim put in to cover the place they dug to run the electric down to the barn. Also, don't want to knock all the dogwood flowers off the trees sooner than they need to. They are sooooo pretty and are at their peak for sure. I wish they could stay all summer....but then we probably wouldn't love them like we do. I just love their snowy appearance.

We got a chance to revisit the tradition of eating at Old Mexico with the Fraziers Sat. evening. Randi's parents have moved to Texas so it was good to see them and catch up. We all went early and beat the Sat. night crowds and then back to Dogwood for some blueberry pie and a tour of the barn. (Jim loves to show it to folks.) They also wanted to see how Sophie has grown. They are doing great and enjoying another adventure. They have moved several times in their married life so they are old pros. At least they have not wandered too far away. We are going to go check out their new digs once school is out. Their town is about the same size as my home town so I would probably love it there. (I felt like I was in a big city when I moved to Ruston. Yes, that is true!)
Tomorrow is back to school and I have already started to pray. Once we get to April there are always some students start thinking school is over. It is a mental thing so I am praying for them to keep their focus and remember school is not out for two more months. I remember getting Spring fever when I was in school so I totally understand.
Looking back at the last week it went by soooo fast, but I slept late...depending on how many times I was up in the night, and I kept busy when I was awake. I got a chance to blog more than usual but there are several things I wanted to do and didn't. For example, I only finished one book and I brought home three. I always have so many new books to preview and I really wanted to read them. At least I caught up on my sleep and am rested up and ready for the home stretch. Now if it will just rain gently for a few days and keep the pollen out of the air it will be a big help.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I am thankful for your good rest and God sending the rain!