Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The April Fool, Weddings, Puppyfest

I survived another April Fool's day at the Junior High....I forgot it was April Fools Day so the first kid who told me a story "got me". He looked all upset as he looked at the newspaper and he said, "look here...there is a story telling about how the State lost the LEAP test for three Parishes". My mouth fell open and I said, "Oh no! You are kidding....what will they do?" He pretended to read on and he said there was some suspicion it was intentional theft, but there are no suspects. I kept thinking...I just don't see how this is possible with as careful as they always are with these tests. Anyway, finally he started laughing and he said, "April Fools!!!" I was so angry....this happens to me too much for my age. I need to quit think everyone is telling me the truth. I think I am THE April fool!

It is the time of year when wedding shower invitations and wedding invitations start streaming in. I have always spent a lot of time trying to figure out just the right gift within my budget, but I have decided gift certificates are what I am going to do from now on. Josh and Randi enjoyed using their gift certificates months after their wedding when needs arose. Young people usually don't know exactly what they are going to need until they are settled in their homes. How could they? They have never been married before. It is hard for them to discern what will end up collecting dust and what will be used on a daily basis because most of them have never outfitted a kitchen....so gift certificates seem to be the perfect answer.

On a completely different subject....Sophie had a friend over to play. Mochi Boersma, the Chinese Pug, came up and the two of them ran and ran and ran and ran. Sophie is plain nuts acting. Mochi had some decorum, but Sophie was just jumping over, under, around Mochi and even punching her like a kangaroo. Mochi didn't seem to mind. She is tough....either that or Soph isn't nearly as rough as she likes to put on. They never had a cross word for each other though. We thought that no growling was amazing as wild as they were playing. Finally, both got in Sophie's pink bed and rested....tongues hanging out and loudly panting. Two minutes of rest and Sophie was back at it. Mochi looked at me like she was saying, "HELP! I need some more rest here." I picked Mochi up and Sophie continued to jump straight up and down punching into the air like a kook. Mochi has had her operation...Sophie's is coming up soon. Maybe that will settle Soph down some. We surely hope so! Right now as I am typing she is conked out at my feet. She should sleep all night tonight! Yipeee.... I wonder what two bichons of the same ilk would be like. If I had the money for vet bills for two dogs I would find out.

It is almost time for me to get in the bed....tomorrow is my early morning duty. I just have to be there twenty minutes early, but breakfast duty is from 7:20 until 7:50. It is a long half and hour for some reason.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Sophie is a kid and no surgery will change that. The change will come later as she gets older. The gift certificates are a good idea. Camille & Adam enjoyed those and the credits from returning duplicates for months.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I'm with you on the gift certificates! We loved going out to eat or going to Target and spending our gift cards after the wedding!