Saturday, April 5, 2008

Three things I hate.....


Hey, this is a positive title for a blog ....don't ja think? But I was in the mood to make a list so here it is.

1. I hate having to explain why I do what I do..... for example if I am in a club and I feel the need to quit I hate trying to tell the people why. Sometimes you just KNOW....this ship has sailed and it is time to move on. It is a tough thing to explain. It is a gut feeling and it isn't really directed at anyone. It isn't because I can't stand the folks or anything like that. I know my daughter in law would relate. After she went through rush in college, she decided she didn't want to join a sorority. She liked everyone, but she just didn't feel it was what she needed to do. People are always going to assume you are rejecting, judging, or snubbing them.....when it is not the case. A person only has so much free time so it is prudent to decide how you spend that time. Simple as that.

2. I hate never having enough time. I actually wish I could skip sleep because I need more time. I have lists of things that need to be done at work and I could easily stay until five or six every day. I have books that need fixed, reviews I need to read, magazines that need organized.. a billion books to be read...on and on. I need to start doing inventory, too. After school is out I will do some of these things, but I really like to get out of there just like everyone, but I also hate thinking about what has been left undone so I just do some of it. I do limit this time because summers are getting shorter and shorter and I am anxious to go home to PA and see family. This year we start back Aug. 13! I try to start some of these projects while school is going but the constant interruptions make is so counter productive and I end up making a lot of errors and having to redo things....so it is better just try to do them when I am alone in there.

3. This is what I hate most....I hate to see people I care about suffering and not being able to make it go away. A teacher came running into my library yesterday in tears because her grandchild is very ill and she was leaving and getting a sub. Her class was coming to the library so she wanted to give me a heads up that they would be accompanied by a sub. I am praying it is not as bad as she is thinking. Another teacher I know was just diagnosed with cancer and there are several I know battling this disease and of course Dr. Dale's battle with ALS. I have to believe the Lord hates it as well....it is just part of us living in a fallen world and He is not the source.

Sophie is looking at me and saying, hey, Mom, I need someone to play with and you're are too cheap to buy me a buddy, pplleeezzzzzzzeeeeeeee come play. So, yes, I will play some. I think I enjoy it as much as she does. I think it is therapy and I have laughed a lot more since she came to stay. Hide and seek is our game. She is getting smarter and it is getting tougher.

Stay tuned for "Three things I love....."

1 comment:

Lora said...

I am most excited to hear about things you love-since things you hate-can be a downer for you and others that love you.