Monday, April 14, 2008

No Pups for Sophie Sue


Jim and Sophie got around early this AM and headed for the vets so she could have her operation. We went to get her about 4:30 PM. She is still sleeping....and cries when we pick her up. You can see it in her eyes....she has never felt this bad before. She stands and waits to walk any place....she is moving slowly and Jim is convinced she is mad at him for taking her there. I have gotten a few dog sugars on my cheek...but only cuz I asked her for some. Her heart wasn't in it though and she was doing it just cuz I asked her.

They wouldn't give us any pain killers for her.....said she wouldn't need it. Jim and I just stood there and kept saying ...."nothing?" Well, the vet didn't give us anything....and we know better than to give her people pain killers, but Jim will call them tomorrow if she is still hurting. I remember when I first came home from a similar procedure...hahaha.....I didn't feel too badly and didn't use only one of my pain killers so maybe they are right. I hope so ...but no sense in her feeling badly if she doesn't have to....poor little sister!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sophie! Be careful because they milk this attention. (like she's lacking any)

You mean you can't have puppies either?

NY Yankee Fan
Yanks 8 Rays 7

Lora said...

She will be bouncing around before you know it and not miss a beat. No puppies means Miss Sophie will always get all of the attention-NOT A BAD DEAL!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Sweet girl. I bet she'll be bounding around soon!