Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blogalong Tuesdays...

I am loving this weather.....but there is some new pollen nastiness out there making me weeze. I know we are going to be craving these temps when it gets up into the 90s. Jim, aka "The Lawn Ranger", is doing some mowing. He said it was too cold this AM and also couldn't leave little sister, Sophie Sue, since she wasn't even 24 hours out of her surgery.....

I just want to pause and mention how he is treating her....talking to her in this sickening, sweet voice and being so careful when he picks her up....kissing the top of her widdle head. He said he thinks she is treating him differently and blames him for her pain...oh good grief!! It is sweet, but I am ever mindful of the fact I never heard sweet tender tones like this when I came home from the hospital. Hmmm.....but then I am not a cute, tiny, fluffy ball of fur with big brown eyes. I must admit she does know how to turn it on and yes, I think she might milk the situation.

Seriously tho, I am glad he is so caring. Remembering back to our time in Illinois, Jim actually tried to band aide a grass snake he ran over with the mower. It was in the garage in a shoe box recovering....he will tell you he never did such a thing, but I was there and I know differently! It was a little green snake.....kinda cute, not a big poisonous viper by any means. I don't think it made it, but we were pulling for him.

And now for something different......I am watching the news and I must say this whole Hillary and Obama feud is entertaining to me. He is calling her Annie Oakley and she is saying he is out of touch. Hahahaaa... I think they are both willing to say and do anything to get the nomination. I wonder how my home state of PA will go. I am anxious for it to be over and I know my parents are. Obama's picture was on the cover of our home town paper...the paper my step Dad's family owned for so many years. He thought the ground in front of his father's grave stone might be a bit heaved as he was a staunch Republican and may have turned over a few times. I know it is hard for my Dad to see that, too. Even the Penn State magazine he gets had an Obama picture....that bugged him more than his old newspaper having front page monopolized. Both of my parents thought the whole bitter, small, town comment ridiculous. My problem was the grouping of guns and religion. I think it shows an elite viewpoint....like my guy, Britt, says, it is not economic elitism, but it is ideological.AMEN! I totally agree with that. It is like the Hollywood people looking at the average American....they just don't understand how we stupid folks who don't wear $450 Jimmie Choo heels and carry $1,000 Fendi purses make it.

Better go get dressed....and put on my $15 crocks...it is Subway tonight...we are loving their $5 sale. It has been going on a while and we both love to eat there. Last night Jim made a recipe out of the cook book I got at the Book Fair....it was yummmmmy! He is getting adventurous with the cooking thing and I love the variety. He has the makings for an enchilada layered thing for the crockpot. Sounds like Mexican lasagna with tortillas instead of noodles. We shall see if an Italian food freak will take to that. I will let you know.

3 comments:

Lora said...

HEY-DON'T SHOOT THE COOK!!!!If you complain, you may find yourself back in the kitchen! SOPHIE has got both of your numbers!

Anonymous said...

Sophie Sue is a character!
My husband said our dog was MY baby but after she had her surgery I came home and he and she were curled up in the recliner asleep! But she's so lovable, and those eyes will melt you EVERYTIME.

NY Yankee Fan
Yanks 5 Rays 3

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Mexican lasagna sounds yum! They need more mexican food up here, I say.