Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ok....now for what I Love...


There is a lot to love in this world. We are just coming off our flower high here in the south and that is something to love for sure, but I am trying to think of things I love the most.

I love to be home on the deck with my family. Last summer when Jim and I were home for Papa Chugee's 80th we really had fun. Almost my whole family was there.....Kelley and family came to the party and Amity and Steve surprised us. We missed Paul and Sue.....and of course those who have passed away, but it was a wonderful weekend and it was just great. It was so wonderful that Josh, Randi, and Gatsby made the long haul in their trusty Camry. Long lost cousins (they thought it was us that were lost) were present. It was just so much fun and I will never forget it.

I love to be with friends. Hashing over the world's problems and laughing at each other....just getting to share ourselves with each other....that is how we are created....in our Father's image. We were made for fellowship.

An example: I had the good fortune to see young people I had not seen in a long time. It was so fun to hug their necks, look at their engagement rings and to talk over old times. I admire them so much...I cried on the way home. I wasn't sad, just touched that I have been so blessed to know them. The Lord has put a lot of people into my life that are so genuine. There is nothing fake at all about them and it was just a joy to reacquaint myself with them. There was also an element of koinonia in the gathering and I was very blessed.

I love music. I don't know why, but music can move me like nothing else. My husband has a gift for playing piano. His playing touches me and I know it expresses him so perfectly. I love it when there is a connection between the person playing and the notes. Some people just read music and although the music is perfect it is cold....just sterile and lacking soul. I always thought I should have worked for a record company picking out new talent. There have been many times I heard a song when it first came out and I predicted it was going to a huge hit. One song I am thinking about...my roommates in college didn't like it said it would never make it. That song is still a huge song and very recognizable even to kids today. (can you guess it....) I just could feel it was the real deal. I love so many different kinds of music from the folk rock of the 60's to Jazz. I absolutely love Diana Krall. I also love praise music and many old hymns. Jim and I got to see the Kentucky Thunder Blue Grass band play with Bruce Hornsby. It was really wonderful. Jim loves music, but he only loves particular types of music. I can't think of a genre I dislike...well, except rap....although there have been a couple of Christian rap songs I thought were pretty good. I guess rap is like talking to music and it just isn't my thing, but there are a lot of Classical pieces I just love. There is just nothing like music!

As you can tell from previous posts.....I love dogs....I am enjoying having a "fuzz" in my daily life so unique and have their own little personalities. I guess that isn't that much different than people. Dogs who are raised in a loving atmosphere are usually enjoyable to be around....that too is much like people.

Naturally.....I love my husband and him being retired. It is great to have him home all the time. He is more relaxed and doesn't get so uptight about things. He is just more fun to be aournd. It is wonderful to see him happier than I can remember him being. I didn't realize how much a toll all that traveling was taking on him, so I finally think it was the right choice.

I really do love junior high kids.....they drive me CRAZY every day, but so does my dog....it doesn't mean I don't love them. Junior High is a hard time in life and I think back to how unlovable I was at that age, how self centered and it is amazing I ever pulled out of it....at least I pray I did. Keeping that in mind helps me daily to see the potential. Diamonds in the rough are all around. I wish more of them could see it, too.

All of these things are gifts from the Lord....He created them all!! soooo......Gotta love Him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lora said...

WE LOVE YOU, DEBBIE! And by the way, I do not consider Rap-music-more like talking in rhythm (somethimes) or chanting, but definitely NOT music.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the Jennings secede from the South said...

You are wonderful, Mrs. Debbie!!!! Dogs are the best at loving people- they're always so excited to see yoU!