Sunday, April 20, 2008

Can you hear me now?!


That is Bruce Willis coughing...for those of you who have your sound turned on....on behalf of Bruce, "please excuse the cough"! I was looking for a song with words to fit this blog entry....it is hard sometimes. These words don't really fit too well.....but Bruce has a lot of energy and it has a good refrain!....Well! It does! I give it an 8....cuz it has a good beat and you can dance to it.


Yesterday I got out of bed at 6 AM ....on a Saturday that is so unusual, but I needed to get going and head to the North Louisiana Technology Fair which was held at West Monroe High School. I always like to go to this because not only do they have informative seminars, a great keynote speaker, and a great opportunity to talk to teachers from other schools.....they give out fantastic door prizes. One year I got a hand held computer with blue tooth. I could surf the net at any coffee house or talk on ms messenger with my mom while sitting at the Frothy Monkey. It was an organizer and I could store photos on there....it was just a great thing and THE best gift given that year. One year it was a lap top....but I didn't attend that year. Well, this year they had all sorts of things and I won a moderately expensive gift. It certainly was better than the mugs, candles, and beach bags.


I won a personal sound system.....so all the Junior High students can hear me LOUD and clear! I don't know if I am going to use it this year, but there have been weeks when I have done a lot of talking and trying to talk loudly enough for all the kids in the library to hear that it might come in really handy. The speaker goes around you waist so the sound comes out your stomach. David Boersma said I should growl ....then it will sound like my stomach is growling. hahaha.. Josh was there when he said it and laughed....Dr. Dale smiled and I think he was laughing silently to himself.


Anyway.....I didn't think it was all that expensive, but it would have cost me about $120 to purchase one. It has a head set mic and also a clip on mic. The mics have to be right next to your mouth to work. Sophie is scared of me when I use it and jumps on her Daddy's lap.....poor little girl can't understand her Mom's voice coming out of her gut...hahaha....too freaky for her. Can't blame her.

When I first heard I won it first thing into my head was I am wearing this sucker around the house so Jim hears what I am saying. He is always hears about half of what I say......since he won't do the hearing aide thing I will do the talking out of my stomach thing. He didn't think that was too funny. Then I told him I could be the song leader at small group with my new speaker....he said, "Not a good idea". I think he is hoping I take the dang thing to school and leave it there.....Sophie is too!
I will let you know when I use the new gizmo and how it works. The Jr. High kids will probably hope I take it home and use it...hahhaaa...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lora said...

HOW GREAT!!! I can just see you walking around with sound coming from your tummy. You could hide it all under a big shirt and just freak people out. HOW FUNNY! Camille would love to have one and so would BC!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

That is hilarious! Can I have one?