Sunday, April 13, 2008

Watching mastery at The Masters....




We have a had a good and restful weekend. Jim worked in the yard tearing out volunteer bushes until about 3 PM on Sat. while I dusted, vacuumed, and did some laundry and then we headed for Monroe. My Mom and Dad sent me a gift certificate for my B. day and I found a nice summer purse at Penneys. I tried on a lot of shirts, but nothing really struck my fancy. Outback was the next destination. Can't think of a better dinner for the price. Jim reminded me that every now and then I remind him I have not had a steak in a long, long time, so I decided to give up my favorite....Olive Garden....and go for the red meat rather than the pasta. It was so good...pink in the middle just the way I like it. We hurried home to see what Sophie had been up to. She was a good girl and appeared to have slept on Jim's yard jeans the whole time we were gone.


All the while we are gone we have our DVR working overtime (what a great machine!) taping The Masters. We tuned in and caught up after we got home. It has been a great Masters this year. Tiger hasn't played very well, but in the end he pulls it off will finish second....we are behind and watching it delayed so we are still not sure who is going to win. It looks like it will be Trevor Immelman, first place and Tiger Woods, second and Brandt Snedeker, third. I really thought it was going to be Snedeker in first or second when I watched yesterday, but on Sunday anything can happen. I have not watched this as intently as I have this year since watching Tom Watson back in the 80's. It was always fun to watch. Why? Excellence is always amazing to me. I should put it on my calender every year. It is so beautiful there.......I think Squire Creek will eventually be this pretty...when the trees mature. It takes time, but Squire Creek seems to have a head start.


Tomorrow Soph is getting THE operation. No pups for this pup.....they will cut her soft little pink belly and it makes me feel sad, but she will be fine. I will be at school and she will be wondering where her Mommie is....yeah right? She probably won't even know where she is. Jim will pick her up and bring her home. Hope she doesn't hold this against us. She may have had visions of a having a huge family. Ahhhhh.... I also hope she doesn't get fat after her operation.


News Flash: Trevor Immelman won! The second South African ever.....Gary Player is the only other South African to win. We are watching him get his green jacket. Awesome to think what he has put into this to get to this moment. They just showed a picture of this guy Tevor at five being held by Gary Player. The most amazing part of this all is the number of bad shots Tiger had and he still pulled it out and was second! It is like he is charmed or something.


Weekends fly by so fast! I slept quite a bit today....slept like a rock so I must have needed it. Tomorrow there is still Book Fair stuff to wrap up. I will get some students to help put all the boxes up on top of the cases. Because I had to put the money in the safe before the secretary left, I don't have my exact total yet, but I will have to find time ALONE to count it tomorrow and also need to figure out which teacher's class bought the most. That teacher will win a basket of books I choose from the cases for her classroom. I have a pretty good idea who has won, but I will double check to be sure.

3 comments:

Lora said...

I just told BC that weekends go by far too fast! I will be glad when BC finishes with his diet. I have missed eating out and would have loved to have gone for a "Great Steak"! Always count your money with someone else present to always keep yourself above approach!-CPA advice-no charge!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Deb!

NY Yankee Fan

Deb said...

Thanks, NY!