Monday, March 10, 2008

A Monday in March

Jim is turning into a quite the chef. He made fish for dinner and he cooked the veggies the way I like them......I like them a bit tough and not soggy. I also like the strange blends with mushrooms and pea pods. I also like that he makes enough for there to be left overs for school. He is settling into this retirement business like he was made for it. He is never idle....always busy doing something. He just told me he tomorrow he would catch up the laundry. Why was I so worried about him retiring?

I didn't call my parents today to check on their weather situation. The snow has been really something up there! I am thankful they have wonderful neighbors who look out for them, Squeek and Gloria. Squeek has been snow blowing their drive way and the other day when the snow was too heavy he shoveled it out. Squeek and Gloria are talking about moving when they retire....in a couple years. Maybe my parents will have to move here then....fat chance. They hate the heat and love PA. I can't imagine them ever leaving there. Friends of theirs have moved to Florida and other states, but they have lived in PA their whole lives.

Well, we survived our first day of testing at school today, four more to go. Please continue to pray for all the kids in the Parish.... they worked hard today and it is only the beginning.

3 comments:

Lora said...

Camille said the snow was up to the tailgate on Adam's truck. LOTS of snow. I see on the weather they should have a thaw this week. I know they will be glad for some sunshine! Praying everyday for those sweet kids and their high stakes test.

Lora said...

OK-CHANGING THE TEMPLATE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE BLOGGING!

Deb said...

Well, I got started and ended up unplugging the WiFi and a bunch of things....and then crawled into the closet before he big red blob with the HOT PINK center hit! Scary evening....