Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lovely Shreveport Saturday


This is one of my favorite paintings that Randi has done. This makes pretty note cards, too.


Jim and I drove to Shreveport to visit with our son, Josh and wife, Randi. We had not seen them since we were in Longview in January and it seemed like much longer than that. We just missed them so we decided to meet a Mall St. Vincent. Randi likes to go there because Kirklands is there. I like Kirklands also. Some of you remember Randi was a runner up for their art contest and still has money on her gift card she won. The day after her $500 gift card arrived the Kirklands in Longview went out of business. She pulled with her card and the store was nearly empty. What are the odds?

Anyway....again I digress. I guess it is just what I do. We made a trek over to World Market, one of our favorite places....if you have never been check it out. They have good prices on wine and we like to look at their furniture. I like their dishes, but alas Jim says I don't need dishes! Josh got an old timey desk chair there. It is neat. We visited Pet Smart of course.... We found Sophie a cute little chew thing....which is now her favorite. It keeps her from destroying shoes, furniture etc. It was worth the 3.00. We decided to eat at Macaroni Grill.....it was walking distance from the World Market. I had Shrimp Portafina. I highly recommend that....pine nuts, spinach, angel hair pasta and grilled shrimp with garlic....my new favorite thing to eat...right after Monjuni's bread pudding that is...haha. Jim says I have a lot of "favorites"....favorite food, favorite songs.

We then went to have some pie at another restaurant....a Shreveport landmark.....written up twice in Southern Living Magazine.....Strawns or something like that. It was really good, but I still think my coconut cream pie is better....hahah They didn't have real meringue. On the way home Jim said that it sure was good to see them. While Randi and I wandered around the stores he and Josh got a chance to talk and Jim said he had missed that. Josh is not much of a phone talker ....and Jim isn't really either, but I wish they talked more. They will be home this weekend for Randi's brother's birthday so we will get to see them and to see Gatsby, the granddogie as well. I wish he and Sophie could be friends.

Randi told me she has updated her website http://www.randianderson.com/ to include some tee shirts and notecards. She copies her art work on iron on stuff to puts it on shirts....they are so cute. Check them out! She just oozes creativity....her photography is awesome, too. Ross, her brother has the gift and he has a web site with wedding photos he has done. If you want to take a gander it is http://www.rossfrazier.com/ . How can one family get so much talent?! No fair. Randi is a wonderful writer. She wrote a card to Jim's family when his mother passed away and it was such a perfect observation of Gramma Grace that it was read by the pastor at the funeral. She knows how to pick just the right word for the job...and that is what great writers do.
I need to get going. I got ample sleep last night as little sister decided to sleep until 6! It was great! Today I am going to continue culling my closets and increasing my good will pile. I also want to wash the bedspread and pillow shams. Maybe switch it out for a more colorful one I have stashed away....one with pink tulips ....in honor of this beautiful spring we are being blessed with!



2 comments:

Lora said...

I always say I don't realize how much I miss the kids until I am with them again. Glad you had a chance for a visit. Randi is SO TALENTED!

Lora said...

WONDERFUL Picture of Your Home!