Saturday, February 23, 2008

Girls Night Out

Got a chance to spend some time with gal pal....(I know corny).....Gail and her lovely daughter, Sara. Gail comes back to Ruston every now and then and it is always great to see her. She was "sans Dan" Friday night....he was home putting in the new bathroom. He is a one in a million. Anyway, came home took a good long nap so I could go out later...haha. We went to hear music and it was very good....and very LOUD. I know I don't think that now just because I am getting older because I have ALWAYS wondered, "why does the music have to be so loud!!" About two hours of that and I am through. But was a fun evening and I also saw my friend, Kim and her husband, Paul. The music was good....well, to me anyway. Jim stayed home as the Almond Brothers and ZZ Top are not really his thing. A kid came up to me while one song was playing and he said, "Is that a ZZ Top thing?" I guess I looked old enough to know...and I do remember when the song was new and fresh many years ago, so you see he made a wise choice by asking me. I enjoy being around those young people...many of them I watched grow up as I subbed in the schools for so many years. I chatted with several "kids" in their 20's who I remember so well. They usually recognize me and ask me if they drove me nuts. Many times I have to tell them yes they did. Also, I talked to one of the band members. He is 29 now and I remember him very well. He was not one of the gang...not really a member of any group and we had a lot of conversations about the chuch, the world, and the devil. He told me he had two little kids and loves spending time with them and he rarely goes out at all cuz he is so into his kids. I wish I would have had time to talk with him a bit more because I will never forget a conversation I had with him at Ruston High about why he wouldn't not be going to church anymore. It was something that really still pains me to this day because it involves the church I presently attend. It was one of those things that scars a person and those doing the scarring don't even know or care. Young kids can be incrediably cruel and some youth group members were critical of someone who wasn't like them and it was very sad. This probably isn't making a lot of sense, but I did hear a song that was perfect for all of this. It is from the group, Casting Crowns.....and it goes something like this:
....if we are the body....why aren't His hands reaching, why aren't His hands healing, why aren't His words teaching....if we are the body....why aren't His feet going, why is his love not showing them there is a way....there is a way.

On a sillier note, I won't go into detail but there was a fight between two girls/women.....my first time to see something like this outside of school. I don't see fights all that often, but I have seen enough to make me a bit numb to them. Everyone asks me what these gals were fighting over.....all assume it is a guy.....well, we didn't ask and I am not sure anyone did. It was interesting to say the least. A few minutes later the same two appeared to me best buds. I wish I would have had my camera.

2 comments:

Lora said...

BAR HOPPING & AT YOUR AGE!

Deb said...

Hey, hey, hey! You talk like I am ancient....saw a lot of people older than me. There were two little white haired ladies at a front table and I think one had to be 80+. She had lace shoes and was helped out. I bet the average age there was about 40. Also, we didn't hop we stayed there the whole two hours.