Monday, February 18, 2008

Notebooks, strange folks and watching modest pups

I am thinking of starting a notebook just to keep a chronicle of strange people. You have to admit there are a lot of strange folks out there! Yesterday as I was watching Sophie tear another toy to pieces I decided to go get her at toy that could stand up to her pirana teeth. She has ripped the nose off her kitty (a cute pink kitty Randi found for her) and she has shredded her terry cloth hippo and taken all the stuffing out of her "cute bone toy". (Gatsby was so attached and so possessive of his CBT they had to hide it from him... doggies love these $1 toys.)

Anyway, I decided to go to the new Dollar Tree by Walmart and see what they had to offer. I wandered around and checked out all the $1 items. I found the dog and cat toys and there were a couple with ropes and picked out one. As I was checking out with my dog toy I commented to the check out girl that I hoped my dog would like it and then I said, "She is a real pirana." Behind me at the end of a conveyer a man of about 70-75 was putting his items on the belt. His wife was with him....and he perks up and says, "Whose a pirana?" Now you had to hear his tone...it was more like he was asking, "Who are you calling a pirana, Lady!" I said, "My dog." His tone totally changed and he said, "Oh, ok." hahahaa I swear he thought I was dissing his wife or something. I thought about it on the way home and I had to laugh and I wished someone had been there with me to laugh with me. This guy was quite a distance from me when he said that. I wouldn't have even thought he was listening. I thought he and his wife were talking and not paying any attention to me at all. Stttttrrrrrraaaaaannnngggggeeeeee!

Sophie is on the floor chewing this new toy.....a rope loop with a piece of nylon tent like material in the center....making it a frisby like toy. She is working hard to get the piece of nylon off of the rope. We have provided her with toys and thankfully she appears to realized those are the things she is suppose to play with and she has left our stuff alone...so far. We really like her and think she seems pretty smart, but she doesn't know to cry at the door. She is getting the message she is not suppose to do her business inside, but that is only making her more sneaky. She tries to run off and find a corner. A friend of mine is convinced her dog doesn't like to do his business in front of people. I am beginning to wonder as we wander around the yard, Sophie on the end of her cute little leash and she is looking back at me like ...."do you like people following you into the bathroom?" Thankfully she does what we call "the whirl and twirl" before getting in position....sooooo if we watch carefully we can grab her and take her outside before something actually happens. Here is the rub, you have to watch her every move all the time. Well, that gets tough. Jim is so excited about me being home cuz he is free from watching....I am now The Watcher.

He is out in the yard barn. He spent almost all day Sat. and I imagine he will be out there all today. He took our electric radiator heater down there with him today. He finished the insulation on Sat. and now it is time to put up the paneling. I am anxiously awaiting the time we will be able to put the "stuff" out there.

Well, I need to get dressed and make a trip to the grocery store. I want to try something with egg plant. I love egg plant and have never cooked anything with it. I saw someone of the food channel make some lasagna with egg plant and it looks like something worth trying out and it looked fairly easy...I am not much of a cook. Here is my problem....when I try a new recipe I rarely make something perfect on the first try. What I should do is try it over and over until I make it just right, but that gets expensive and instead I say....I will try this differenly next time but later I have totally forgotten what mistakes I made the first time. Make any sense?! So that is another notebook right? I could have a whole house full of notebooks....just trying to make up for lost memory capacity. (heavy sigh).

1 comment:

Lora said...

One of our dogs loved playing tug of war with our boys with rope pulls. I discovered-too late-they had actually pulled out the poor pup's bottom front teeth! Sounds like Sophie is beginning to grow up-just keep your closet door closed-they all love shoes!